The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Das69itmane
anyone who has listened to the bands i posted, and doesn't like their music, shouldn't be listening to music at all (srs)

I didn't see your post :redface: I'm gunna look now... I'm hoping it's not 1D :biggrin:
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
Velvet Underground
The Doors (Jim was good, but imo the rest of the band were tools)
Black Sabbath
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin (first and last band)

:clap2: What an awesome music taste you have :tongue:
Original post by maddiegarcia
:clap2: What an awesome music taste you have :tongue:

uwotm7+1
uwotm7+1

:cool:
been thinking about this one lately, but does anyone else think that jim morrison was pretentious?
i like some of their music, but every single song reeks of jim morrison's pretentiousness
la woman is a decent album though
(edited 9 years ago)
Foster The People (seeing them in 2 weeks)
Lana Del Rey (met her)
Crystal Fighters
Haim
Lorde
Tamp Impala
Foals
Edwardsharpe+MGZ
Passion Pit
Paramore
P!ATD
3oh!3
MGMT
Vampire Weekend
Everything Everything
Papa roach
All American Rejects
The Academy is...
Gwen stefani
BFMV
Kpop music
-
Honestly, I like all types of music, but if I was to narrow it down it would be Alternative/Indie/Psychedelic - trippy music. gosh I used to be a hardcore Slipknot fan, how times have changed
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
I'm very picky with what I listen to, the only bands that I like now are ACDC and Airbourne, and I think they're amazing, listen to them pretty much non stop (for example, I'm listening to ACDC 'Give it up' as I type this).
Original post by Stinkum
I'm very picky with what I listen to, the only bands that I like now are ACDC and Airbourne, and I think they're amazing, listen to them pretty much non stop (for example, I'm listening to ACDC 'Give it up' as I type this).
no offense, but i dont understand how anyone can have acdc as their favourite band. there are much better bands, i honestly think acdc lacks a lot that other bands have.
Reply 28
no offense, but i dont understand how anyone can have acdc as their favourite band. there are much better bands, i honestly think acdc lacks a lot that other bands have.

I've only listened to a handful of bands to be honest, I know almost nothing about music so I don't really have much to compare them against. But having said that, I'm hooked on ACDC. I think their music is absolutely amazing, I listen to it all day long, I've been listening to their music for a long time now, every single album from old to new. I've never heard anything as good as AC DC when it comes to rock, a lot of their albums from the 80s and 90s just completely blew me away, just can't get enough of it. But like I said, I know nothing about music.
Reply 29
I quite like Piano Rock for some strange reason, so my top 2 are Coldplay (old coldplay mind you) and The Fray
Coldplay are still great regardless of the lack of Piano songs recently :frown:

Rock wise I like:
A Day to Remember (Saw them live this year)
Mallory Knox
Linkin Park
Muse
Feeder

Maybe more but I can't think on the top of my head.
Original post by Stinkum
I've only listened to a handful of bands to be honest, I know almost nothing about music so I don't really have much to compare them against. But having said that, I'm hooked on ACDC. I think their music is absolutely amazing, I listen to it all day long, I've been listening to their music for a long time now, every single album from old to new. I've never heard anything as good as AC DC when it comes to rock, a lot of their albums from the 80s and 90s just completely blew me away, just can't get enough of it. But like I said, I know nothing about music.
im pretty much in the same boat as you, i have listened to their stuff, i liked it at first, but then i said to myself "wait a minute, acdc are no led zeppelin" and so i started listening to led zeppelin.

just look at that picture
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GoatsInATree
Foster The People (seeing them in 2 weeks)
Lana Del Rey (met her)
Crystal Fighters
Haim
Lorde
Tamp Impala
Foals
Edwardsharpe+MGZ
Passion Pit
Paramore
P!ATD
3oh!3
MGMT
Vampire Weekend
Everything Everything
Papa roach
All American Rejects
The Academy is...
Gwen stefani
BFMV
Kpop music
-
Honestly, I like all types of music, but if I was to narrow it down it would be Alternative/Indie/Psychedelic - trippy music. gosh I used to be a hardcore Slipknot fan, how times have changed

You met Lana?! woah, you're lucky!!
Reply 32
Favourite band is The Smashing Pumpkins
Favourite Male singer is either Fyfe Dangerfield or Billy Corgan
Favourite Female singer is Kate Nash
Nirvana,Lana Del Rey,Frank Ocean,Marina and the diamonds,Lorde..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oats
Favourite band is The Smashing Pumpkins
Favourite Male singer is either Fyfe Dangerfield or Billy Corgan
Favourite Female singer is Kate Nash

I love kate's voice!!
Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer there ever was or ever will be. I still miss him dearly to this day.
Thom Yorke.
Reply 37
I love kate's voice!!

She's amazing live too :h:

If I find a girl with an accent like Kate's I'll have to marry her
Fall Out Boy :love:
Panic! At The Disco
The Fray
OneRepublic
Michael Jackson
Fleetwood Mac
My favourite bands consist of nirvana, arctic monkeys, foo fighters, the killers, kings of leon, guns n roses, you me at six, AC/DC, the white stripes, red hot chilli peppers

Idk about singers hmm. Gabrielle Aplin, I love her voice

I'd love to see what your fave bands and/or singers are :elefant:

I would say that my taste in music is pretty versatile because I love so many different musicians from various backgrounds/genres/decades.

As of late I've really been loving bands like Arctic Monkeys, Bon Jovi, The XX, Panic! At the Disco, Grouplove and Jimmy Eats World.

In terms of artists I've been absolutely loving Dillon Francis, Justin Timberlake, Martin Garrix and Kate Bush :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest