The Student Room Group

What does "Alright cock" mean?

I was just wondering what the term "alright cock" means. Basically, two colleagues of mine have said it to me when I go into work and say hi to them and everyone else. I'm not familiar with it and i don't know if they're saying it to be offensive or not. Any ideas?
Just another way of "Alright mate".
Reply 2
I have nothing to say. Just a picture.

Pretty sure it's just a northern way of saying 'Alright mate' or similar, though...
(edited 9 years ago)
Southerner detected :holmes:

But no, they aren't being offensive at all. It's a friendly greeting and I've heard lots of Northerners use it. My grandad used to say it all the time :smile:
There are parts of the country in which the term cock is a friendly term of address* (as with pet, chuck, hen, duck, lover...) Possibly it is only that. Do they address other people in the same way?

* And I've been called "cock" on four continents.
Reply 5
It means they approve of your appendage. You should probably wear some trousers next time you see them.
Reply 6
Its just a term of endearment a lot of older people in the north use. Not offensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol it's a Yorkshire term. Basically it's the equivalent of "s'up mate?" or "alright fella?" or "waddup brahh", or "easy bredder," or "how's it hanging dude?"
Reply 8
An adequate penis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
If they know you a little better, sometimes they will just say 'Cock' whilst nodding at you.

To the observer, you can imagine the confusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending