The Student Room Group

OCR GATEWAY BIOLOGY B 12th June B4 B5 B6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ahh damn it was 0.88%.. it said to find the lowest and work it out as a percentage of the total.
The lowest one was 11, so 11 as a percentage of 1244 = 11/1244 x 100= 0.88
I did 1244/100 x 11! argh what was i thinking how can 11 as a percentage of 1244 be 136% lol.. ah well.
Reply 41
Original post by AnnaValentine
I thought it was 16cm because the zoom was 4x and the measurement of the diameter was 4..? Probably got it wrong... Oh well :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omd that makes more sense:/ i think im wrong i just didnt measure it because it didnt say diagram drawn accurately or use a ruler to measure diameter:/
Wasn't the percentage of sand the same as clay as they were both 20mm? Clay was 20mm and equaled 40%.

(20/50)*100 = 40%

20mm = How high the sand was
50mm = Total amount of soil in the pot.

The intestine was 1cm:

d = 4cm

4/4 = 1

Surface area was something like 1727.

Animal was prokaryote:

(11/1244)*100 = 0.88%

After I read off of the graph I got a difference in percentages for the two kidney doners of 7% I cannot remember the exact number.

79% - 72% = 7%

(These could be incorrect but it was what I remember putting.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by ohboyimscrewed
Wasn't the percentage of sand the same as clay as they were both 20mm? Clay was 20mm and equaled 40%.

(20/50)*100 = 40%

20mm = How high the sand was
50mm = Total amount of soil in the pot.

i got the sand to be 1.8 cm = 18mm ? :/
Reply 44
Original post by AnnaValentine
I got 18mm too :smile: but then you had to double it to get 36% for the actual answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i never doubles i just did 18/50 x 100 and got 36%
18mm here too. I think they might accept a range of values due to accuracy. I wrote 20mm initially but measured it again so yeah.
I hope that other question wasn't 0.88%. That's what I got with my first method (which is why I thought I put prokaryote but I changed it to fungi) gahh
Original post by EastGuava
I hope that other question wasn't 0.88%. That's what I got with my first method (which is why I thought I put prokaryote but I changed it to fungi) gahh

tbh the wording on that question and some others was pretty bad. I put Loam down for the soil but changed at the last minute to Sandy. Oh well, only one mark gone.
tbh the wording on that question and some others was pretty bad. I put Loam down for the soil but changed at the last minute to Sandy. Oh well, only one mark gone.

I agree, it's hard to understand what they're actually asking sometimes v_v. Aw yeah that one was definitely loam.
OMG wait loads more people got 0.88% as well!?!?!? YES!!!
Original post by KhloeCasser
OMG wait loads more people got 0.88% as well!?!?!? YES!!!

Everyone's answers just seem to be one big cluster****. We could all be wrong :tongue:
Everyone's answers just seem to be one big cluster****. We could all be wrong :tongue:

sshhhhh dont spoil my moment haha :P
Reply 52
forever depending on low grade boundaries, who knows what the grade boundaries were last year for this course? (with the section D spec)
I think the grade boundaries are still going to be quite lot just because of how many exams people are having this year compared to others means it's harder for all the info to stay in our brains haha
Just remember that we have B1, B2 and B3 aswell as coursework to boost our grades. Usually people remember the small stuff they get wrong and forget about the six markers etc. (which are a larger proportion of the marks) so I would not worry too much if you thought it went bad.
Reply 55
yeah i guess, this is out of 85 tho so it counts as a bigger percentage?- right now im struggling to think of what i did get right haha
For the question on the difference on bacteria and green plants did people put about how they both produce glucose but bacteria uses sulfur and plants use light energy
Original post by almostover
For the question on the difference on bacteria and green plants did people put about how they both produce glucose but bacteria uses sulfur and plants use light energy

I put they both use gasses. But only plants use light.
i put they both make their own food but the bacteria don't require light because they're deep down in volcanic vents
Reply 59
That's a very large small intestine you've got there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending