The Student Room Group

Should I choose A - Level Geography? If so, why?

Stuck on whether I should pick a level geography. I have done did it in GCSE and enjoyed it thoroughly and was good at it. Was wondering if it would actually help me in the future or would it be just 'a waste of time' (obviously not a waste of time but you know what i mean. :confused:
Reply 1
I think if you've enjoyed it then you should do it because there's nothing worse than doing a subject you hate for A Level. Also you're more likely to get good grades in it and they will help you in the future. If you choose a subject you believe to be more 'useful' but you hate it or you're awful at it and you end up with a bad grade then you're gonna end up much worse off.

Yes subjects are important but unless you're doing something like medicine that is specifically asking for subjects like bio and chem, good grades are far more important.

I did geography AS and I very much enjoyed it. I'd say that if you're interested in the subject then you should definitely do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AROY09
Stuck on whether I should pick a level geography. I have done did it in GCSE and enjoyed it thoroughly and was good at it. Was wondering if it would actually help me in the future or would it be just 'a waste of time' (obviously not a waste of time but you know what i mean. :confused:

Well if you enjoy it then pick it... That should be your logic on all your choices :smile:. But it depends on what you want to do at university or in the future. I don't think universities consider it a preferable subject but you know if you enjoy it and you think you could get a good grade then just go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest