The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Psychology 2014

Hey :smile:

I can't seem to find a Psychology specific thread, so thought I'd start one.

Anyone else starting Psychology in September? :smile:
Hey so am I hopefully! What are your predicted? I'm really worried I won't get my grades :/
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mariaaa121
Hey so am I hopefully! What are your predicted? I'm really worried I won't get my grades :/

Heyyyyy :smile:

I already have my qualification (I did an Access course instead of A-Levels), so it was an unconditional offer. What do you need to achieve and what are you predicted?
Oh wow that's lucky congrats! I need AAB and i'm predicted that but don't think i'll get it.. ahhh the stress of results day!
Reply 4
Hey, I hope to be starting psychology in September. Which university is your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am :smile: got a place through clearing!
I am! Nice to virtually meet you :smile:
Reply 7
Heyyy all :smile:

Are you all excited?
Original post by Kimie_9
Heyyy all :smile:

Are you all excited?

Yeah :biggrin: I really want to see our timetables to see how our weeks will look like but I've only managed to find the induction timetable! :frown:
I'm quite confused. So when do we actually start then? Has anyone been contacted or sent a letter regarding dates and stuff. Im currently on holiday so i have no idea. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chevy Wood
I'm quite confused. So when do we actually start then? Has anyone been contacted or sent a letter regarding dates and stuff. Im currently on holiday so i have no idea. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only thing I've received from them was the email about online registration!
Who's going queen Mary's??
Original post by Secretnerd123
Who's going queen Mary's??

You'd probably have to ask that in the queen Mary section, this is posted on the City page! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
You'd probably have to ask that in the queen Mary section, this is posted on the City page! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oopsies!
Original post by Psyc_Girl
The only thing I've received from them was the email about online registration!

Yeah. Iv completed that. I remember on ucas it said course start is 1 sept? I'm sure they'll send a letter soon so i wouldn't worry just yet haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chevy Wood
Yeah. Iv completed that. I remember on ucas it said course start is 1 sept? I'm sure they'll send a letter soon so i wouldn't worry just yet haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the online registration it says our course starts on the 29th!
Oh thats cool then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi all,

So xcited n nervous starting uni. I only received an email stating in person registration will begin on 22nd to 26th September. Our course starts on 29th. However I did email the admission people for the time table. Below is the email he sent me.

Here are the Psychology modules you’ll be doing in term 1 and the times that they have been scheduled for:

PS1002 Professional and Academic Development for Psychologists
Tuesdays, 10-12

PS1004 History and Theory of Psychology
Thursdays, 2-5

PS1006 Lifespan Psychology
Fridays, 11-2

PS1007 Research Design and Analysis (Quantitative Methods)
Mondays, 11-2

PS1008 Research Design and Analysis (Laboratory Methods)
Mondays, 2-5 or Fridays 2-5 (depending on which group you get assigned to)

PS1009 will be in term 2 on Wednesdays 10-12. You’ll also take the core modules PS1003 Cognitive Approaches to Mind and Behaviour (Thursdays, 3-6) and PS1005 Biological Approaches to Mind and Behaviour (Tuesdays, 2-5) in term 2. PS1002, PS1007 and PS1008 run for both terms, whereas PS1004 and PS1006 are just for term 1.

Nice to meet u all virtually, can't wait to meet u all in person :wink:

RIPA
Original post by RIPA
Hi all,

So xcited n nervous starting uni. I only received an email stating in person registration will begin on 22nd to 26th September. Our course starts on 29th. However I did email the admission people for the time table. Below is the email he sent me.

Here are the Psychology modules you’ll be doing in term 1 and the times that they have been scheduled for:

PS1002 Professional and Academic Development for Psychologists
Tuesdays, 10-12

PS1004 History and Theory of Psychology
Thursdays, 2-5

PS1006 Lifespan Psychology
Fridays, 11-2

PS1007 Research Design and Analysis (Quantitative Methods)
Mondays, 11-2

PS1008 Research Design and Analysis (Laboratory Methods)
Mondays, 2-5 or Fridays 2-5 (depending on which group you get assigned to)

PS1009 will be in term 2 on Wednesdays 10-12. You’ll also take the core modules PS1003 Cognitive Approaches to Mind and Behaviour (Thursdays, 3-6) and PS1005 Biological Approaches to Mind and Behaviour (Tuesdays, 2-5) in term 2. PS1002, PS1007 and PS1008 run for both terms, whereas PS1004 and PS1006 are just for term 1.

Nice to meet u all virtually, can't wait to meet u all in person :wink:

RIPA

Thank you for posting this!! :biggrin:
Reply 19
PS1007 Research Design and Analysis (Quantitative Methods) resit
(21/08/15)

Did anyone answer question 4?

Or does anyone remember how many sub questions there were in question 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending