Scroll to see replies

Original post by iDraw
No because I'm not doing MEI

:frown:
Reply 21
I'm scared for this exam i really hope it goes well and is easy paper
Reply 22
How is everyone feeling for this exam?
I don't feel ready at all, as all the other maths papers this year have seemed to have been really difficut!
I'm pooing myself :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by reezaa
How is everyone feeling for this exam?
I don't feel ready at all, as all the other maths papers this year have seemed to have been really difficut!
I'm pooing myself :s-smilie:

Just remember that if they are more difficult then the grade boundaries will be lower!!! The C3 one will probably be around 55 or something.... if you did that one today!

Also, there is a real lack of small angle approximation questions - they are in the spec right?!
Reply 24
I feel like this exam could be really hard as I thought C3 was alright.. Really not looking forward to it
Original post by Surf
Just remember that if they are more difficult then the grade boundaries will be lower!!! The C3 one will probably be around 55 or something.... if you did that one today!

Also, there is a real lack of small angle approximation questions - they are in the spec right?!

Small angle approximation questions would be a gift if they come up! But sadly they hardly do :'(
Original post by mag14
I feel like this exam could be really hard as I thought C3 was alright.. Really not looking forward to it

I really liked c3 today, it was great for me since there was no 'sketch the graph' questions or ridiculous proofs. But c4 is on a different level and I cant see it being nice at all :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by Surf

I've also noticed that! I haven't come across one question!
Will read up on that tonight just incase!

Original post by mag14

I found it fairly tricky, I thought one or two qestions were quite mean for a C3 paper. Praying for an easy paper for wednesday!
Original post by mathematigeek
Small angle approximation questions would be a gift if they come up! But sadly they hardly do :'(

what are small angle approximation questions?
Original post by Sun_Bear
what are small angle approximation questions?

If you've got the text book it's page 215.
Original post by clayrocks
If you've got the text book it's page 215.

I thought small angle approx. isn't in the specifications?
anyone have any predictions on what the Section B questions will most likely be on - if there is any pattern between the years....?
Original post by mathematigeek

Original post by sasunerd
I thought small angle approx. isn't in the specifications?

They're in the book but I don't think they're on the specification.

Have they ever come up?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
They're in the book but I don't think they're on the specification.

Have they ever come up?

They are not in the syllabus anymore according to a friend. Don't bother learning them, I have never seen them come up ever.
Original post by zog third
anyone have any predictions on what the Section B questions will most likely be on - if there is any pattern between the years....?

Usually two of four (I think.)

Trig
Parametric equations
Vectors
Differential equations (usually has some partial fractions in too)
Original post by Tinglay

Trig
Parametric equations
Vectors
Differential equations (usually has some partial fractions in too)

Trig and differential equations would be nice! :tongue:
does anyone have a mark scheme for last year's mei core 4 comprehension paper jun 2013?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Trig and differential equations would be nice! :tongue:

Definitely agree with this! I want to cry everytime I see a vector question come up in section B, I just can't do them!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren___e
Definitely agree with this! I want to cry everytime I see a vector question come up in section B, I just can't do them!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, I hate vectors! :eviltongue:
Original post by Lauren___e

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vectors in section b would make me just close the paper and give up. Vectors are the spawn of Satan and I honestly might cry :/ I can't do them well enough :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending