The Student Room Group

Do you even lift girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamu
brb bulking on several litres of whole milk, 4 big macs and dat dere rice and chicken

Well you feel like sh*t in a few years!
Original post by marinajelly
Unhealthy... wow you have some strange ideas about healthiness!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its unhealthy because I the sauce is bought from a shop. I didn't make it myself. Its also high in fat. I try and eat low fat.
Original post by xoflower
Sugar.

Not healthy.

lol

That makes every fruit and vegetable in existence unhealthy. As well as all grains... oh and meat contains glycogen.

The key is moderation.

Inb4 clean foods only?!??!!

Well you feel like sh*t in a few years!

Nah he'll be fine as long as he has enough fruit and veg
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 83
Exlpain how?

Well assuming from just eating the foods you mentioned there is not a good balance of macro-nutrients. For example if a pure vegetarian kept eating just veg and no meat,no protein, they would start to have problems with their bodies and eventually even death because of this. Your body needs a good balance of carbs, protein, and fats aka macro nutrients.
Original post by Angry cucumber
lol

That makes every fruit and vegetable in existence unhealthy. As well as all grains... oh and meat contains glycogen.

The key is moderation.

Inb4 clean foods only?!??!!

Nah he'll be fine as long as he has enough fruit and veg

No he wont. Whole milk in not for over 5 year olds. And mcdonalds is awful.
Original post by a10
Well assuming from just eating the foods you mentioned there is not a good balance of macro-nutrients. For example if a pure vegetarian kept eating just veg and no meat,no protein, they would start to have problems with their bodies and eventually even death because of this. Your body needs a good balance of carbs, protein, and fats aka macro nutrients.

lol you have no idea what you're on about.

All of those natural foods have PROTEIN(vegetables), CARBS(fruit), FAT(nuts).
Every natural food has every vitamin and mineral need (except B12 due to modern farming).

As long as a vegetarian/vegan eats over 2000cal then they will have every nutrient, even more than others.

Then why does my body produce lactase?

And it's not the most nutritionally great food, but as long as he's having something decent in his other meals.. again.. he'll be fine.

I like how you missed my point on sugar as well
Reply 87
lol you have no idea what you're on about.

All of those natural foods have PROTEIN(vegetables), CARBS(fruit), FAT(nuts).
Every natural food has every vitamin and mineral need (except B12 due to modern farming).

As long as a vegetarian/vegan eats over 2000cal then they will have every nutrient, even more than others.

i repeat, i said a good balance. There is no doubt just eating that for the rest of your life you will start to have problems. They are different types of proteins your body needs and you won't get all of them from just vegetables. (same applied to fats, your body needs a variety so a good balance is important)
(edited 9 years ago)
Then why does my body produce lactase?

And it's not the most nutritionally great food, but as long as he's having something decent in his other meals.. again.. he'll be fine.

I like how you missed my point on sugar as well

What point on sugar?

ITS NOT MILK THAT IS BAD, ITS WHOLE MILK WHICH IS FULL OF FAT.
Original post by a10
i repeat, i said a good balance. There is no doubt just eating that for the rest of your life you will start to have problems. They are different types of proteins your body needs and you won't get all of them from just vegetables. (as well as fats)

Depends on whether your including nuts, pulses and other protein rich foods in your diet. There's plently of perfectly healthy vegans out there. Check out BKS for example. :smile:

What point on sugar?

Where I made you look silly when you said sugar is bad

And yes it contains fat... why is fat bad? In moderation.. you need it. I won't say it's healthy to be completely brazen with your fat intake, however in moderation.. it's fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by a10
i repeat, i said a good balance. There is no doubt just eating that for the rest of your life you will start to have problems. They are different types of proteins your body needs and you won't get all of them from just vegetables.

I never said just eat vegetables.

And you can get all the amino acids from a diet of.
Fruit. Veg. Nuts. Cooked Starches.

Since I've been eating this way my blood sugar has reduced, I have lost weight and I am 100x healthier.
Reply 91
Depends on whether your including nuts, pulses and other protein rich foods in your diet. There's plently of perfectly healthy vegans out there. Check out BKS for example.

yeah i know i was referring to the foods she had just mentioned in her earlier post
Reply 92
I never said just eat vegetables.

And you can get all the amino acids from a diet of.
Fruit. Veg. Nuts. Cooked Starches.

Since I've been eating this way my blood sugar has reduced, I have lost weight and I am 100x healthier.

I was just giving an example of a so called "pure vegan" :tongue:

Ohh also another thing (jus saying) eating fatty foods doesn't necessarily make you "fat" it's having too many calories over your maintenance that does.
What point on sugar?

There is absolutely nothing bad about fat.

Drink 4 pints of whole milk a day crew.
Original post by a10
I was just giving an example of a so called "pure vegan" :tongue:

Ohh also another thing (jus saying) eating fatty foods doesn't necessarily make you "fat" it's having too many calories over your maintenance that does.

Then why do I eat over 2000+ calories of natural foods yet I'm slim. A calorie is not a calorie.
Then why do I eat over 2000+ calories of natural foods yet I'm slim. A calorie is not a calorie.

lmfao thanks for making it easy for us to discredit everything you say in the future.
Original post by illusionz
There is absolutely nothing bad about fat.

I didn't say there was. The is something bad with too much. People should eat low fat
Reply 98

looool depends on your body type, your mass and your maintenance intake simple.

Do you intentionally ignore all science?

Quick Reply

Latest