The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bazbaz
I agree, I just wanted to gage how people found it. But personally I don't see how the boundaries could be higher that last year's, sorry.

I reckon I did better in this non calc than last year's, however about the same in the calc so idk really. :0
Reply 21
Original post by BBeyond
i'm not even basing it off my ability, I'm going with what i've heard both at school, and on here

TSR is the worst place to gage what the country feels. I'm going mostly off twitter which is pretty unbiased. The other user who agreed with you did so in a polite way. Not a dismissive way. There's a difference, subtle maybe, but a difference none the less. I'd wager you don't tend to find maths that difficult?
Original post by Bazbaz
TSR is the worst place to gage what the country feels. I'm going mostly off twitter which is pretty unbiased. The other user who agreed with you did so in a polite way. Not a dismissive way. There's a difference, subtle maybe, but a difference none the less. I'd wager you don't tend to find maths that difficult?

i wouldn't say i do, and i was hardly being dismissive, i merely stated my opinion
Probably the same as last years, if not lower.
Original post by Bazbaz
I agree, I just wanted to gage how people found it. But personally I don't see how the boundaries could be higher that last year's, sorry.

I don't know how regularly grade boundaries do change and if it's common for them to change. But, if it is common for them to go up and down depending on an average grade I find it inconceivable that they will be as high as last years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by EastGuava
I reckon I did better in this non calc than last year's, however about the same in the calc so idk really. :0

I think the non calc was all about luck. I don't really think edexcel did a great job of mixing the topics. So, if you were one of the lucky few who are particularly good at algebra and the like then the non-calc played to your strengths. Sadly it was a combination of all my least favourite things :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by BBeyond
i wouldn't say i do, and i was hardly being dismissive, i merely stated my opinion

Well I apologise, there are a few people who don't find any aspect of maths GCSE challenging, quite a lot of my friends are like that, and a lot of people on here. So they're not necessarily the best people to say whether an exam was hard or not, as they find all maths exams (relatively) easy, that's why AddMaths exists. Personally when it comes to maths I value the opinions of A/B/C grade people, as they tend to better reflect the majority.
Reply 27
As a B/A grade candidate, I can really tell you that 2014 papers were much more difficult than the past years... I have done the 2013 papers as a practice for the real exam, and I got significantly above an A (I was able to answer all questions apart from one). This year, I found them challenging, and it's a shame because like many others, I worked very hard to get an A this time :frown:...

Please note that this is my opinion :smile: Also, most people in my school (C-A grade candidates) found the first paper especially quite challenging. As such, I can agree with the grade boundaries for an A grade being approximately 125-132 (ofc, A* grade students will probably not agree with this).

But, at the end of the day, we can only wonder what they will be :smile: I hope we all get what we want, and truly deserve!
Comparing to to previous papers, (and the grade boundaries I have attached), I would say something along the lines of June 2012.

The Non-Calc was okay, the Calc I found quite easy but others seem to disagree :biggrin:.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm thinking I got about 64 (minimum) for the non-calc paper and then hopefully about 68 (minimum) for the calc paper. I'm really hoping I get enough for an A! I love maths and it's my dream to achieve an A in it! I'm gonna hope for lower grade boundaries than last year :P

Quick Reply

Latest