The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Calculation for population wrong as higher death rate so must have decreased. Also fish question wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frenchtoasst
Yes it is... without water photosynthesis cannot occur at all (looking at the equation)

Thanks french toast! :biggrin:

Also, for the malaria one ratios one, did you have to give figures? I just described and explained

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattrile
Look at my comment. That's about an A I'd say just in:smile:

Ah okay thanks only need a B (B at as 219ums) but I think I messed up my empa and I'm really nervous about the biol5 essay
Reply 63
How many marks was the chicken question?
Reply 64
Original post by THE GUN WIZARD
Calculation for population wrong as higher death rate so must have decreased. Also fish question wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer the the population question is correct according to the general consensus. The population was 60.2 in 2010 so the value on the unofficial MS is a decrease.

Could you give suggestions for the fish question?
Reply 65
Shaded plants is more adapted to low light intensity than shaded plant. Use the graph to explain why
Isn't that because shaded plants have low compensation points, so high growth rate, and they carry out photosynthesis thats why they grow faster in the shade?
(edited 9 years ago)
Very nice, I agree with the grade boundaries, the paper wasnt harder than Jun 2013 maybe slightly easier. I reckon for the last question you could also talk about transects and percentage cover... just my opinion. AQA have to take into considerartion its the first year without jan exams which I think could have an effect on peoples grade so yeah 53/54 i think an A will be :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by kiyubi
Shaded plants is more adapted to low light intensity than shaded plant. Use the graph to explain why
Isn't that because shaded plants have low compensation points, so high growth rate, and they carry out photosynthesis thats why they grow faster in the shade?

I've put a note in about compensation points + growth rates
Reply 68
Original post by jamesfancourt
Very nice, I agree with the grade boundaries, the paper wasnt harder than Jun 2013 maybe slightly easier. I reckon for the last question you could also talk about transects and percentage cover... just my opinion. AQA have to take into considerartion its the first year without jan exams which I think could have an effect on peoples grade so yeah 53/54 i think an A will be :smile:

I can't remember this exact question but it's interesting because I thought the question said estimate the population size, so you would measure frequency rather than % cover?
Original post by daniel1005
I can't remember this exact question but it's interesting because I thought the question said estimate the population size, so you would measure frequency rather than % cover?

Surely percentage cover is an esitmate of the frequency of induviduals in a quadrat
And surely protiens can be an answer for a molecule containing nitrogen
Having gone through the 'rough' mark scheme I think I should have 65 marks! It's impossible to tell, but I do hope so! How did everyone else find that paper?
Reply 72
Surely percentage cover is an esitmate of the frequency of induviduals in a quadrat

Yeah I put both down I think, they will probably accept both
Reply 73
Original post by JackDavies95
Having gone through the 'rough' mark scheme I think I should have 65 marks! It's impossible to tell, but I do hope so! How did everyone else find that paper?

I thought that paper was okay, their was a few dodgy suggest questions but on the whole probably one of the easier BIOL4 papers that there has been.
I thought that paper was okay, their was a few dodgy suggest questions but on the whole probably one of the easier BIOL4 papers that there has been.

No way it was the easiest, wasn't the hardest. If it was the easiest then the grade boundaries would be more like 57 for an A
Reply 75
No way it was the easiest, wasn't the hardest. If it was the easiest then the grade boundaries would be more like 57 for an A

I didn't say easiest I said easier, I know it wasn't the easiest
Reply 76
Does everyone still think CO2 was a limiting factor?
Does everyone still think CO2 was a limiting factor?

Who knows. there was a similar question on another paper which was really dogdy to inerpret. I dont see why theyd make you guess 2 factors which wernt on the graph though, if they used that logic then it could be anything from water, humidtity, nitrates, wavelength of light etc...
Do u think you would have to put 2 geno types for the male? And for the oil layer 1 I put , so little oxygen gets to the yeast as a tiny amount of oxygen is still required

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A sheesh
Females have two...

But for that question they had swapped it round so males had 2 X

Latest

Trending

Trending