The Student Room Group

Hundreds of British Leaving to Fight for Islamic Extremists

Poll

Should People Leaving to Fight in Iraq/Syria be allowed to return to the UK?

Charlie Cooper, researcher at the anti-extremist think tank, Quilliam Foundation, said: 'People are going from Britain and the EU to fight for ISIS - the estimate is more than 500 and that number will probably rise.

David Cameron's official spokesman acknowledged fears British citizens could be among the ISIS fighters in Iraq, saying: 'Our security services and all the relevant agencies will be monitoring those types of risks very closely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656977/Britons-heading-Iraq-join-ISIS-militants-HUNDREDS-amid-fears-bring-terror-UK.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are Muslims before British.
Original post by Roger1
They are Muslims before British.

Original post by Green Marble
Muslims identify with other muslims. Muslims come before anyone else. That's why muslims are not british and never will be

But it's not a race, it's only a belief.
Reply 3
Muslims identify with other muslims. Muslims come before anyone else. That's why muslims are not british and never will be

And what is wrong with Muslims identifying with other Muslims?
Original post by Skip_Snip
But it's not a race, it's only a belief.

I never said it was a race. Islam is a way of life, a philosophy, a culture and an identity
Good thing tbh. Much prefer them to leave either get themselves killed, go and live in their ISIS paradise or realise MI6 has clocked them and they'll be arrested for terror offences if they come back.
Reply 6
Nothing. Just do not dare tell me they are as british as anyone else when they regard other muslims higher than other british citizens

Well if the law of this country identify us as British, then what you say don't matter.
That's the problem with Islam, it's so ingrained in Muslims that the religion becomes indistinguishable from their own identity.

Perfectly rational Muslims will lose their **** if their faith is insulted, as it is like a personal attack. Look what happened with the fatwa on Rushdie. That to me, is what is so worrying about Islam, the inability to separate the faith from the individual.

Hence why we get the cases of Muslims being offended by seemingly innocuous things, like the baby who was called Mohamed.
Original post by Roger1
And what is wrong with Muslims identifying with other Muslims?

But people born and raised here have nothing in common with people who live in the desert :tongue: or I hope not for their sake.
Hope they never come back :biggrin:
Hopefully they train as suicide bombers, just that I wish while in training their instructor blows them up akin to that incident some months back.

It should be a bigger worry that so many fundamentalist of such kinds are being brainwashed in UK though.
We have to let them back in if they are a British citizen, where else will they go?

Arrest them by all means though.
Original post by james22
We have to let them back in if they are a British citizen, where else will they go?

Arrest them by all means though.

Apparently being muslim takes precedence over being British, so they may as well stay ...
Assuming the Iraqi government manages to hold up, I can't see why those who are not killed or captured shouldn't be sent back to Iraq for the Iraqi justice system to deal with.

If the Iraqis decide to let them come back there isn't really a great deal we can do, unless we take their citizenship away (this would probably only be do-able for those who weren't born with it). I think we can do without that sort of person over here, and it's perfectly legal to strip undesirables of citizenship.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Skip_Snip
Apparently being muslim takes precedence over being British, so they may as well stay ...

We cannot force them to though unless they have duel citizenship.
Hopefully they are captured and Assad has them fed to lions on Liveleak
so much anti muslim posts, not all muslims are bad people :cool:
Original post by LIT10106536

they are only following orders
Reply 18

How is this anti-muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they want to go and get on a plane to go and execute people on the street in Iraq, then yes they are bad people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending