The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Undergraduate Enquiry

I'm currently in the process of my A-levels in England and will be looking to apply for universities in the next year, due to start in September/October 2015.

St Andrews is my first choice and I want to study Financial Economics but I am predicted to receive 3 A's at A-level.

Even though this would meet the "entry requirements", it would only gain me 360 UCAS points & according to various higher education websites, you have to have a higher point tariff than 360 to get an offer from St. Andrews.

So, my question is: would there be a good chance that I would not be given an offer even if I get 3 A's? I am aware that there is not a yes/no answer as circumstances are different every year, but what I don't want to do is waste an option trying to get into St. Andrews when my A-level results aren't going to be good enough.

Thanks in advance :-)
Original post by liamc1997
I'm currently in the process of my A-levels in England and will be looking to apply for universities in the next year, due to start in September/October 2015.

St Andrews is my first choice and I want to study Financial Economics but I am predicted to receive 3 A's at A-level.

Even though this would meet the "entry requirements", it would only gain me 360 UCAS points & according to various higher education websites, you have to have a higher point tariff than 360 to get an offer from St. Andrews.

So, my question is: would there be a good chance that I would not be given an offer even if I get 3 A's? I am aware that there is not a yes/no answer as circumstances are different every year, but what I don't want to do is waste an option trying to get into St. Andrews when my A-level results aren't going to be good enough.

Thanks in advance :-)

As I said in the message to you, once you meet the entry requirements it then comes down to other parts of your UCAS application (primarily your personal statement), so that's something you'll need to work on.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending