The Student Room Group

What has been your biggest exam mistake?

Scroll to see replies

Not revising as much as I should have done.

Seriously, though, it would have to be jumping straight into (chemistry) questions without reading the question, then I look over everything last minute to realise I have answered the whole question wrong,
Well let's see I accidentally missed out two pages on the biology unit 2 exam and spent over half an hour going through the pages I had done ... So annoying !
Reply 22
Spending too long on questions and running out of time.
Rushing and my answers being rubbish.

Can't win

Posted from TSR Mobile
My professor handed out an exam like normal and we all did it and answered every ques. as usual. And then after she collected it, she failed all of us, even though it was a breeze. We were angry and shocked and so we approached her and she said, "Read the top of the page." Wer ead it and it said Don't answer any questions, just write your name.

:dry: So we failed lmao She said we don't follow insructions. :s-smilie: To do that was the test and we failed.
Reply 24
Original post by BeteNoire1990
My professor handed out an exam like normal and we all did it and answered every ques. as usual. And then after she collected it, she failed all of us, even though it was a breeze. We were angry and shocked and so we approached her and she said, "Read the top of the page." Wer ead it and it said Don't answer any questions, just write your name.

:dry: So we failed lmao She said we don't follow insructions. :s-smilie: To do that was the test and we failed.

That's a good lesson! Bet you read the question now

Posted from TSR Mobile
16+1 = 20

:facepalm:
in my a level maths exam the other day, i did some stupid **** like 20+2=18 or something lol
Original post by Law-Hopeful
16+1 = 20

:facepalm:

i know that feel bro i did similar in my a level maths
Reply 28
For the table in Additional Chemistry on neutrons/protons in isotopes of Chloride iirc I put 19 instead of 20. :|
Forgetting to put my name on the paper
Original post by BeteNoire1990

Are teacher did that to use too! I think only one or two people out of a class of 30 "passed" the exam.
Reply 31
I wrote 'Ma ecole' in my french exam instead of 'mon ecole'! The whole essay was about schools :cry:
Reply 32
a lot of what i have written on exams has been a mistake.
Answering the wrong section so loosing around 30 marks and wasn't able to refer to the resource booklet for the 16 marker. Also forgetting to use my compass directions for a geography paper I know really stupid
Reply 34
Not knowing that 5:8 ratio could be the difference between an A and A* in my Maths GCSE.. I did not know it and I am beating myself up about it
Accidently missing out the last page in the maths non calc which was worth 5 marks. Now I'm not sure if I secured an A*...and for geography I misread a question twice -_- and literally had no space to write a answer to a 4 mark question
Biggest blunder ever:
Not attending the exam because I thought there wasn't any on that day. :eek:

Second biggest blunder:
Not turning the question paper over so I lost a lot of marks for not attempting. :frown:

Third biggest blunder:
Misreading an essay question and answering it wrong!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
In an actual exam for GCSE Statistics, it gave us a frequency polygon and asked us to compare two differences between it - I was thinking, "Where the hell is that other frequency polygon?" - so I just used the data, spent about 10 minutes on it wasting my time and then about a week later somebody asked me if I had drawn the other frequency polygon... Basically, I didn't read the question.

READ THE QUESTION
is my best advice to anyone reading.
I didn't put brackets around ln(2x) and I lost a mark which cost me my A. - Jan '13 C3 Edexcel.

Spoiler

Admittedly, I wrote the wrong date on one of my exams :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest