The Student Room Group

How has the world cup been so far?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by e aí rapaz
Why are u so mad? One possibly below-par game but it means an underdog is gonna get at least to the quarters, which is always good. Everyone loves an underdog. It was Ghana last time and I bet you weren't complaining then!

You watching the Argentina game? Another awesome game and we're only 6 minutes in.

That's not an underdog.

If it weren't for that ****er Ayew and Ghana's keeper having retard moments Ghana would have topped the group.

It's still boring, Germany are terrible to watch, only Thomas Muller is who I think is worth watching, Brazil are overrated personally and don't play great football. The rest just run around and try and tire out the opposition with high pressure tactics but without the quality attacking play to match it(See Costa Rica/Chile).

People are just gassed because it's the world cup and 2010 was terrible.

Club before country.
it's better than the last three already because all qualified teams scored (at least once)!
Reply 82
Original post by shawn_o1
it's better than the last three already because all qualified teams scored (at least once)!

How does that make it better in any shape or form?

I think it's better than the last world cup, but I don't like this world cup. It's boring, too many joke teams, no juicy ties in the round of sixteen. Colombia vs England/Italy would have been a juicy tie e.g. and Ivory Coast vs England/Italy would have been great to watch, We're watching Colombia vs Uruguay without Suarez and we're watching Greece vs Costa Rica.

Is this real life?
I find watching other people play football boring in general, so can't say I've enjoyed it.
Original post by jam278
How does that make it better in any shape or form?

I think it's better than the last world cup, but I don't like this world cup. It's boring, too many joke teams, no juicy ties in the round of sixteen. Colombia vs England/Italy would have been a juicy tie e.g. and Ivory Coast vs England/Italy would have been great to watch, We're watching Colombia vs Uruguay without Suarez and we're watching Greece vs Costa Rica.

Is this real life?

Well it shows that team spirit is key to victory, Costa Rica and Greece showed team spirit aplenty. I doubt you can get a lot out of overpaid goons all playing in the same league

Quick Reply

Latest