The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dimebag
Hey everyone,

just a quick post to ask if anybody has had an interview with A&O for either a vac scheme or TC. I'd appreciate any advice people may have about the content/structure of the case study, and what sort of follow up questions they ask.

Thanks in advance,

:smile:

I didn't take the TC interview as I opted for the Bar, but the case study on the A&O vac scheme interview was by far the best organised of the ones I experienced - they give you a 2-3 page brief about 20 minutes before the interview, giving various facts and client requirements, and then open by discussing the case study before moving on to the 'what kind of challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them' type of questions.

They seemed to attach a lot of weight to the case study compared to other firms; the questions are a mix of general 'how would you structure this deal' and more specific promptings about particularly challenging areas. They expect you to lead the discussion (which is easier than it sounds!), and they seemed particularly interested in how much weight *you* attach to the different pieces of information given, as a way to assess your 'commercial awareness'.

Good luck! :smile:
That sounds like an interesting test to take! They probably just want you to ascertain how you should argue your points in the negotiation etc by prioritising importance of certain aspects of the possible deal. All these things sound like great fun :biggrin:.
Reply 3
That's great, cheers for the help.
Reply 4
KaiserSoze
I didn't take the TC interview as I opted for the Bar, but the case study on the A&O vac scheme interview was by far the best organised of the ones I experienced - they give you a 2-3 page brief about 20 minutes before the interview, giving various facts and client requirements, and then open by discussing the case study before moving on to the 'what kind of challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them' type of questions.

They seemed to attach a lot of weight to the case study compared to other firms; the questions are a mix of general 'how would you structure this deal' and more specific promptings about particularly challenging areas. They expect you to lead the discussion (which is easier than it sounds!), and they seemed particularly interested in how much weight *you* attach to the different pieces of information given, as a way to assess your 'commercial awareness'.

Good luck! :smile:

Sounds quite daunting!

Latest

Trending

Trending