The Student Room Group

Clearing For Law!!! Helpp!!! London Unis!!

My boyfriends missed both his firm and insurance offers for law. Instead of ABB he got ACC. WE are now desperately trying to find him a uni through clearing to do law. WE need the uni to preferably b in london. BRunel and Kent dont have places left. I wanted to ask for advice which uni is better in London out of the ones that have clearing places????? WHICH IS BETTER LOndon metropolitan or WEstminster or SOuth bank??
PLEASE PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS MUCH APPRECIATED!
WEstminster
THE UNDERDOG
WEstminster

tbh, i wouldnt take either, i think your bf would be better off resiiting a couple of modules and getting his grades up, and re-apply next year to better uni's...
can i ask something about resits...i have been considering it but was unsure. i got bbb, Queen mary have rejected me...and i missed an A by 13 points. if i retook a module, i could bump it up. but how will unis look at it? like Queen mary? if i could get AAB, how will unis such as LSE or KCL look at it? thanks for the help.
Do some unis not say it has to be all in one sitting all at the same time blah blah now? I know they do for medicine so they might do for law.
i checked KCL and they accept people who do their a levels in 2 yrs. i think it all depends on the unis.
cottoncandy76
can i ask something about resits...i have been considering it but was unsure. i got bbb, Queen mary have rejected me...and i missed an A by 13 points. if i retook a module, i could bump it up. but how will unis look at it? like Queen mary? if i could get AAB, how will unis such as LSE or KCL look at it? thanks for the help.

*i think* kings say in their prospectus that they must be gained at first sitting. and LSE's standard offer is AAA. if i were you i would give the unis a call and ask them- don't give up yet.
Reply 7
How about unis outside of London?
Reply 8
WHAT do ppl think about reading???
Is that better??
Reply 9
Yes.
yep
Reply 11
I was going through the clearing websites on wed night before results and was supprised to see sheffield and newcastle having places for law. I know there not in london but are still prety good for law. I dont know if they have places left tho...
yup, sheffield and newcastle are extremely good schools.
Reply 13
LSE is pretty hard to get in. why not try surrey, birmingham and southampton.
guccilittlepiggy
*i think* kings say in their prospectus that they must be gained at first sitting. and LSE's standard offer is AAA. if i were you i would give the unis a call and ask them- don't give up yet.

thanks for the advice! i think QM are sick of hearing me: emails, phone calls to every office and recorded messages :biggrin: they refuse to have me, grr.

luckily, i got into city! yay!
Reply 15
hic_et_ubique
A girl from my school got into newcastle through clearing last year! And she had about high 20's in her IB - about the same as ACC I presume. So I think your bf def has a chance with newcastle! Good luck!

Good luck, they might have filled their places. Also, be wary of Newcastle's standard offer which is AAA.:rolleyes: This is justified as much as Cardiff stating AAA :rolleyes: :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending