The Student Room Group

Post Examination Stress Disorder (PEST)

Does anyone else have symptoms of this disorder? Light headedness? Reliving the exam over and over again? Taking on a very negative mindset about how well you did? And just not being willing to just let it go?

I know I suffer from this a lot. So tell me guys, what are the best ways, you go about you examination time PEST control (see what I did there:colone:)
Original post by futuredoctorVSB
Does anyone else have symptoms of this disorder? Light headedness? Reliving the exam over and over again? Taking on a very negative mindset about how well you did? And just not being willing to just let it go?

I know I suffer from this a lot. So tell me guys, what are the best ways, you go about you examination time PEST control (see what I did there:colone:)

Yes i feel like i am suffering from this tooo due to the fact that i found my maths gcse exam hard and looked at the markscheme and saw that i mde silly mistakes unfortunately.
HAS ANYONE TAKEN 200MG MODAFINIL HERE BEFORE FROM UNITED PHARMACIES?(a narcotic which helps focus)
1)WHATS THE WORST SIDE AFFECT YOU experienced
2) ALSO HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BE CROSS THE BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER (BASICALLY HOW MANY HOURS WILL IT TAKE TILL I CAN SEE AN EFFECT )?

PS:I TEND TO BE PRETTY UNRESPONSIVE TO MEDS NORMALLY SO IF IT DOESNT WORK ,WHAT ADVICE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME TO SUPPRESS MY ADHH SYMTOMS AND HELP ME FOCUS?IV GOT MY FINAL ALEVEL BIO EXAM IN LESS THAN 4 DAYS AND ALL I CAN PHYSICALLY DO IS 'REVISE' VIA KIK in super short bursts.Its NOT HELPING BC I NEED TO DO PASTPAPERS

򛐊P.s im 19 & havnt mentioned this to my doc yet..iv been told if i had adhd i woudv been diagnosed with it by now..also,im usually unresponsive to meds,so if it doesnt work on me does anyone have alternatives/or advice on how i can suppress my undiagnosed adhd symptoms?
Particularly the fact that i cant focus for more than 4minutes straight and its stressing me out alot.iv got my final alevel bio exams in less than 4 days;with no current knowledge whatsoever as iv not done a single pastpaper.or made notes for that matter

any advice would be extreemely appreciated.
thankyou..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes! I've been having nightmares almost every night since I f'ed up my English exam. Not a day goes by when I don't think about university.
Original post by futuredoctorVSB

Had it about 3 days ago, not pretty xD All I can say is, just try and rationalise everything in terms of the bigger picture and things don't seem so important :smile:
Original post by Dr. Django
Had it about 3 days ago, not pretty xD All I can say is, just try and rationalise everything in terms of the bigger picture and things don't seem so important :smile:

I rationalised quite early, clocked it was pointless worrying, if you feel you did that badly you have time after the results to stress, right now stress will just **** wit you as it did with me and your actual exam will suffer

Kick back relax, listen to some Beethoven and crack open the biology lol
Whenever you feel stressed just get up and do 3 sets of 10-15 push ups
5 sets of 10 jumping jacks and a couple pull ups
Exercise release happy hormones endorphins and they're better than the stress hormone cortisol so yeah, they work against cortisol
And SMILE :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending