The Student Room Group
Course you're not weird. What's wrong with you? Your life as you know it has just ended and you're moving on away from all your friends. Hell, I'd be upset too. :confused:

Well done on the 5 As, and I hope you enjoy your time in Oxford. :smile: Nothing more I can say really. Don't let it get you down.
I have deeply pondered the fact that i have finished school for good but its never really upset me, thou maybe thats because iv changed schools 6 times before.
with your sucess there is always an element of sadness in leaving all your friends or teachers, why not get your friends numbers or emails, even your teachers email address and stay in touch and meet up during the holidays
Reply 4
Some people are just never happy
No, you are definetly not weird. I got into Lancaster and noone else from my school is going there, and it does upset me when i think that i'm not going be seeing most of the people there again. I think it won't truly sink in for most people for a few more days, due to all the celebrations :biggrin: but i'm sure that many others will be feeling exactly the same way.

Anyway, congrats on the results :smile:
It definatley is dissapointing leaving all the people you cared about behind but the fact is life goes on. You will go to Uni, have a good time, meet some GREAT people and continue to achieve good things and at the end of all that your going to be upset again having to leave all that behind.

It's a very normal thing to happen.
Reply 7
It's a really emotional time, especially after all the stress of results day, I think it's just draining for everyone! Try not to think about it like that, go out celebrating with your friends instead. I felt kind of emotional but put it to the back of my mind, and soon enough uni was upon me and school was the last thing I cared about! Well done on such great grades by the way :smile:.
How is that weird? quite normal actually.
Reply 9
yes it is wierd, Happy?
I've only just finished my GCSE, and will be moving onto 6th form at my school and i'm sure I will love it. The mere thought of leaving to pastures new, thanks to my school, definitely makes me sad. So in short, no you're not weird at all.
Not weird at all...but you are just about to embark on the most exciting, eventful, euphorically happy and occasionally upsetting adventure of your life so far. The majority of people have a great time at uni - in my case and a in the cases of a lot of people I know, they are having the best time of their lives at university.
Reply 12
I'd agree with everyone, it's not weird. I got the top grades I could, which I'm really happy about, but at the same time it seems as if the past two years have just flown by, and it sucks that I won't see some of my college friends for ages, or so it seems.

Latest