The Student Room Group
Ask your college? Some will, some won't.
Reply 2
talk to an advisor at college. Not all colleges will let you do the AVCE. Think about what you want to do post college. Is there another subject you might consider?

If your thinking of uni i think a lot of uni's would prefer another A2 to a AVCE.
Reply 3
yeah but i can only do 2 a2's, under no circumstances should i do three

so what would be better? another as, or the one year of acve
I'd go for another AS level. Simply because its a proper respected qualification, that universities definately acknowledge, when many won't look at AVCEs.
Reply 5
i agree, go for a AS
It depends on several things really:

a) Do you prefer coursework or exams? An AVCE will have 4 units of coursework and 2 exams, whereas an AS will have either 1 unit of coursework and 2 exams or 3 exams
b) What subjects do you like? AVCEs are more vocational, ASs are more academic.
c) What course do you want to do and at which uni? They might have a policy on whether or not they accept AVCEs or whether they'd prefer an AS.
Reply 7
All excellent advice on here, but just to add my two cents:

What are your future plans? If you have your eye on a few courses at uni, check their requirements and take whatever you'd need to get in: as Kellywood_5 points out, not everywhere accepts AVCEs. Ring up places and ask.

If on the other hand, you want to go in for an apprenticeship or into a specific career path straight from college, an AVCE could be great and could give you an advantage. They are (obviously) vocational and, particularly if it's something you're really interested in, you could do really well and get a head start in the future, eg in catering or healthvare.

Latest

Trending

Trending