The Student Room Group

Study all GCSE and a levels

How do you all study for exams I'm in the United Kingdom.

:smile:

What stationary do you use?
Do you scribble notes or outline?!
I just read and do questions, past exam papers and pay attention in class.
I don't really take notes when I'm reading though, although I would take notes in class.
Original post by auntumn89

Well personally my favourite piece of stationery I use is a compass. I make like a huge swirly vortex on my paper, and then just write a stream of conciousness about the subject along the spiral....

Jk, dude, we all do the same things. Flashcards, Revision notes, Past papers, lol
(edited 9 years ago)
I just read lots and watch some videos, I don't like writing down stuff and making notes doesn't really help me.

One of my favourite techniques is to try and make up your own question and solve it yourself, which IMO really furthers your understanding of a topic.
Reply 4

You won't get very far like that - you need to find some stationery :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by davros
You won't get very far like that - you need to find some stationery :smile:

What I said was do you scribble down things about such topic of the top of your head (hence scribble down notes) and I asked stationary what type of note books etc people use for outlining etc that's what I'm asking not sure you fully understand me

I have flash cards note pads eye nut wanting to know people technique
Reply 6
Original post by Jamie Diep
I just read and do questions, past exam papers and pay attention in class.
I don't really take notes when I'm reading though, although I would take notes in class.

Thank you past papers sounds very popular
What I said was do you scribble down things about such topic of the top of your head (hence scribble down notes) and I asked stationary what type of note books etc people use for outlining etc that's what I'm asking not sure you fully understand me

I have flash cards note pads eye nut wanting to know people technique

Davros was pointing out that stationary means "stood still", whereas stationery means note books etc :smile:

You will find that people are extremely varied in their revision techniques. Variety occurs between people and across subjects - if you have only asked this here in maths then responses will be limited

When providing revision packs for students at my school we usually include

Revision guides where appropriate

Details of good revision websites

Blank flashcards

Some subjects provide populated flashcards

Highlighters

Post it notes

Access to past papers, mark schemes, and examiners reports is on exam board websites and all of these can be useful
Reply 8
Original post by TenOfThem
Davros was pointing out that stationary means "stood still", whereas stationery means note books etc :smile:

You will find that people are extremely varied in their revision techniques. Variety occurs between people and across subjects - if you have only asked this here in maths then responses will be limited

When providing revision packs for students at my school we usually include

Revision guides where appropriate

Details of good revision websites

Blank flashcards

Some subjects provide populated flashcards

Highlighters

Post it notes

Access to past papers, mark schemes, and examiners reports is on exam board websites and all of these can be useful

Thank you firstly my iphone has autocorrect and doesn't understand the difference between stationary and stationery so if my phone changes the E to the a thats not my fault. But thanks for pointing that out I clearly meant stationery. Anyway that doesn't matter.

Yes sounds like a good pack to have thank you so much especially for the mark schemes information :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you firstly my iphone has autocorrect and doesn't understand the difference between stationary and stationery so if my phone changes the E to the a thats not my fault.

No problem. You are allowed to override the "autocorrect" you know - it's frequently incorrect :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by davros
No problem. You are allowed to override the "autocorrect" you know - it's frequently incorrect :smile:

I will do that thank you

Quick Reply

Latest