The Student Room Group

A* GRADE BOUNDARY PREDICTION POLL JUNE 2014 linear maths

Poll

What do you think the grade boundary will be for an A* in edexcel maths 2014

What do you honestly think the grade boundary will be for an A* ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MATHSPOW!!
What do you honestly think the grade boundary will be for an A* ?

I hope the grade boundary is lower than 169. I think I got 168, and really want to get the A*. However, it isn't the end of the world if I don't as I'm only in year 10, so I can always retake next year. Would be a massive achievement and weight off my shoulders though. My school's head of maths said I'd be the first student in year 10 to ever get an A*, so would be an amazing achievement!!!
Accidentally selected 159 instead of 160 haha
Reply 3
Original post by RG110man
I hope the grade boundary is lower than 169. I think I got 168, and really want to get the A*. However, it isn't the end of the world if I don't as I'm only in year 10, so I can always retake next year. Would be a massive achievement and weight off my shoulders though. My school's head of maths said I'd be the first student in year 10 to ever get an A*, so would be an amazing achievement!!!

Ah wow I really really hope you do that !!!!! And for me I'm in year 11 and would've sat the paper in November but school decided to cancel them due to the changes in the league tables so this had been my one and only chance. I got 168 also I think so I just hope we both do it. And yeh it will be a massage weight of your shoulders. I think you should start doing alevel maths in your free time during the summer as it'll give u a real head start and help u get an A in it further down the line. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Accidentally selected 159 instead of 160 haha

Ok point notes
This exam was easy. I think the grade boundary for A* is 169 or 168 marks. But by the amount that found it difficult, it could be far less.
Reply 6
Yeah A* 169/170. You should've put the range between 164-172
Reply 7
No option for higher than 170?
Reply 8
Original post by BBeyond
No option for higher than 170?

Yeah that was what I was thinking
Reply 9
Original post by JAIYEKO

I think people are greatly exaggerating the difficulty of the paper, in order to reassure themselves of low boundaries.
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
Ah wow I really really hope you do that !!!!! And for me I'm in year 11 and would've sat the paper in November but school decided to cancel them due to the changes in the league tables so this had been my one and only chance. I got 168 also I think so I just hope we both do it. And yeh it will be a massage weight of your shoulders. I think you should start doing alevel maths in your free time during the summer as it'll give u a real head start and help u get an A in it further down the line. :smile:

My head of maths told me that literally 2 minutes before we went into the first exam on Monday. Talk about piling on the pressure!!! My school give me the opportunity to do AS level maths preparation next year, ready for when I go to a sixth form college, as my school don't offer sixth form.
Reply 11
Original post by BBeyond
I think people are greatly exaggerating the difficulty of the paper, in order to reassure themselves of low boundaries.

I'm reassuring you that you are absolutely incorrect, June 2013 paper's were a bit easier and the grade boundaries were 165... for an A*
Original post by JAIYEKO

There's not enough poll options to do that I'm afraid hmm can I edit the poll ? Guess not
Original post by Helpme.
I'm reassuring you that you are absolutely incorrect, June 2013 paper's were a bit easier and the grade boundaries were 165... for an A*

I'm reassuring you that you should shut the **** up, you are basing this off your inability to do some of the questions? Just because you panicked in the exam, doesn't mean it was harder.
My head of maths told me that literally 2 minutes before we went into the first exam on Monday. Talk about piling on the pressure!!! My school give me the opportunity to do AS level maths preparation next year, ready for when I go to a sixth form college, as my school don't offer sixth form.

Ah wow your school sounds really good and supportive. Unlike mine who didn't let me do the November exam how annoying as I was then gonna be able to do like the alevel stuff from jan till June but I dunno I guess I can just use my C1 book at home haha :smile: I recommend u buy the core 1 textbook ASAP and also use exam solutions YouTube channel
Reply 15
Original post by BBeyond
I'm reassuring you that you should shut the **** up, you are basing this off your inability to do some of the questions? Just because you panicked in the exam, doesn't mean it was harder.

**** your mums ***** i know i got an A* for your kind bs
so stop chatting **** i know june 2013 was a bit easier 170 max.
Reply 16
Original post by BBeyond

No but if a lot of people panicked in the exam then the grade boundaries will go down whether it is harder or not. Also, it is generally thought that people panic more when they find it harder so the amount of people who have panicked online means that it was easier does it?
I personally don't feel the grade boundaries will go to 170 unless we're very unlucky. Hopefully I got 172 with working marks, so I should be safe. My gut feeling is that they're going to lower the boundaries to 165/166/167. Of course, like everyone else, I'm purely guessing.
Reply 18
I personally don't feel the grade boundaries will go to 170 unless we're very unlucky. Hopefully I got 172 with working marks, so I should be safe. My gut feeling is that they're going to lower the boundaries to 165/166/167. Of course, like everyone else, I'm purely guessing.

Edexcel didn't sit the exam? We did. Most people voted 170 (+), and so it conveys that it wasn't really difficult. So grade boubdaries will be something like 172-174
I think you're all fairly mental saying that the boundary will be 170 for an A*.

Go and get tested.

It will be around 160/200. Did you even do the November 2013 papers? They were far easier than these! And a large proportion of stronger candidates took it then which pushed the boundaries up.

And from Mr M's markschemes I got 180/200 so I'm not exactly offering a biased point of view here am I?

Extremely surprised that a bright bunch of guys on here could be so dumb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending