The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Squelchy
Congratulations on being stupid.

I know quite a few guys who are classified as overweight according to the BMI, yet they have 6 packs.

Equally I know guys who are smack bang in the middle of their ideal BMI, yet have little bellies.

trust me there sooo many errors with the BMI , its just a average scale , something to go by , it aint the best by far
Reply 21
Try not to worry. I'm 5'4", usually weigh around 10 stone yet am quite small (a curvy size 10 - meaning I've got a little waist and actual hips and breasts). It's not about what you weigh but how confident you are.

If you're worried about your family thing pick an outfit that makes the most of your assets, find some awesome shoes (even if they're from oxfam) and enjoy dressing up. You'll look amazing and no-one'll notice if you're feeling a bit chunky.

I don;t really know when bodies go into survival mode, but if you're exercising loads and cutting down on food maybe that's actually lowering your motabilism (sp!!) as your body's convinced you're not going to have the energy for the exercise.
oh golly. unless you are trying to be a footballer's wife you are a gorgeous weight. seriously. gah.
I'm 5'4 and weigh just a little bit under 10 stone. I think a lot of this is down to fluid retention because I put on about a stone after I started the pill, but I do sympathise with how annoying it is to actually see it on the scales. I'm a size 10 and not overweight, but it's crap because I have to be careful with every little thing I eat.

You know what though, at least you are getting exercise and are obviously healthy. Weight isn't really a good indicator of overall health or slenderness, so I'm sure you look fine.
chan_marshall
oh golly. unless you are trying to be a footballer's wife you are a gorgeous weight. seriously. gah.

God yes. Whenever I see Victoria Beckham I get a HUGE urge to feed her burger and chips. I do think she has a problem with anorexia though, so it's not a good idea to joke about it.
Well i don't think that's alarming your weight but if your concerned, best bet is stay away from fast food places and do not drink too much alcahol, and above all keep your exercise regime up.
Reply 26
well it just seems desperately unfair that i should do some more exercise and eat properly and still have a bit roll of belly-flab! maybe going on the pill didn't help...
yeah that is a possible side effect the pill maybe go to your GP and see if you change the pill
Anon. 2. Go to GP. He/she can sort out the retention thing.
Reply 29
I don;t really know when bodies go into survival mode, but if you're exercising loads and cutting down on food maybe that's actually lowering your motabilism (sp!!) as your body's convinced you're not going to have the energy for the exercise.

No, more exercise would speed up you're metabolism. It sounds like you're more into power excercise; swimming 50 lengths, etc. Swimming is definately good excercise, but try endurance excercises such as jogging first thing in the morning. The other thing I also find about swimming is that it always makes you incredibly hungry; the calories you eat after swimming probably add up to the amount you lost.
You sound really fit and healthy - I could never cycle 30 km in one go - so try to stick to three healthy meals a day, and try jogging; and any excess weight - that I'm sure is just in your head - is bouns to drop off in no time.
Reply 30
I'm exactly the same weight and height as you and just clicked on this when I was looking for a bmi calculator and sore all this cheers for making me feel like ****? Get a grip your not even nearly fat? Bloody hell how vain
Reply 31
I don't think your weight is anything to be bothered about, but the 30 Day Shred should do the trick.

I know you said this thing is in 2 weeks, but you should start seeing results in a week- I did!
Reply 32
Original post by AfcFob
I don't think your weight is anything to be bothered about, but the 30 Day Shred should do the trick.

I know you said this thing is in 2 weeks, but you should start seeing results in a week- I did!

The threads from 11 years ago. I'm assuming they've already seen results lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending