The Student Room Group

Choosing biology as an A-level?

Hi, I'm currently doing my GCSE's and deciding my choices for A level. I really enjoy biology and am considering taking it for A level, but everyone I speak to about it says it is really difficult and I wouldn't be able to get a good grade. My gcse coursework is at a grade B, and I am predicted an A overall in my exam (I'm doing triple science btw).

So should I choose it or not?
If you want to do it, then go for it. It's obviously more difficult than GCSEs, just about all A levels are. Whether you get a good grade in it comes down to how much work you put in.
I'd definitely recommend doing it, there is nothing obstructing you from getting a good grade in biology apart from not taking it ^^ cliché's aside, doing something you enjoy at A-level is what drives your success. I sucked at chemistry at the start of AS year, but I absolutely loved it and because of my enthusiasm my willingness to learn and work has boosted my confidence and my ability tremendously. That doesn't mean to say i'm fantastic at it, but i'm competent. And that is what matters!
Reply 3
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll pick it then, because it's one of those few subjects I don't actually mind doing work for :smile:
Original post by Pharaoh123
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll pick it then, because it's one of those few subjects I don't actually mind doing work for :smile:

That's good. Biology gets more interesting as you move on. It's actually a load of fun :smile:
Biology is great, and to get good grades you just have to learn to recite the textbook by heart and study the mark schemes as hard as you do the content... It's loads of fun!

I'm not even joking.
Reply 6
Original post by CookieInOrange
Biology is great, and to get good grades you just have to learn to recite the textbook by heart and study the mark schemes as hard as you do the content... It's loads of fun!

I'm not even joking.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will pick it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending