The Student Room Group

Bodybuilding Misc - an accurate representation of the average American male?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I have spent quite some time reading this forum and the topics. And sorry, but it is the most racist and sexually insecure internet group I have seen yet. Does not paint the average American in a good light at all. All blacks are lower class crooks over there, all Asians are nerds who are physically, sexually and mentally inferior, Indians/Pakistanis are seen as sub-humans and British people are looked at with bemusement. And all women are apparently cheating scum.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can you link threads/posts specifically stating the bs you're coming out with?
I agree. (With the fact the misc is a *****oup.)
Reply 3
Original post by Leftee

Just spend some time actually reading the forum and you will understand very quickly, it is a minefield. They are the kind of people that write all of the horrible racist YouTube comments on videos , unnecessarily.
Its ****ing hilarious at times though
Reply 5
Original post by manchesterunited15
Its ****ing hilarious at times though

The UK thread is the best part of it, by far. That says more about how we are as a culture compared to the Americans tbh. I think I would want to be a recluse (or only talk to expats) if I ever had to live in America.
Original post by C.Almasy
The UK thread is the best part of it, by far. That says more about how we are as a culture compared to the Americans tbh. I think I would want to be a recluse (or only talk to expats) if I ever had to live in America.

That's a bit hypocritical
they're freaks though, I wouldn't draw any conclusions on anything based on a particular internet community, srs

Spoiler

Reply 8
I occasionally visit that forum and tbh they slam each other as much as they do everyone else.
The fact that they're all wannabe alphas (that lift) probably makes them more prone to spout bs and flex their verbal muscles
Reply 9
That's a bit hypocritical

It is true though, we are just a lot less crass than they are.
It is true though, we are just a lot less crass than they are.

You were complaining about them having stereotypes on the misc, yet youre stereotyping all Americans based on a forum that obviously is only a small group
Reply 11
Beefcakes... beefcakes everywhere.
Original post by Leftee

Oh come on, you only have to spend 5 mins on that site to know that's a more or less accurate description.
Reply 13
You were complaining about them having stereotypes on the misc, yet youre stereotyping all Americans based on a forum that obviously is only a small group

Americans really are that racist and crass. They leave such an impression in most places on the internet. Have you never played Xbox Live against an American and had them yell "Yerrr **** the Queen" at you ?
Americans really are that racist and crass. They leave such an impression in most places on the internet. Have you never played Xbox Live against an American and had them yell "Yerrr **** the Queen" at you ?

Calling an entire country racist is itself racist.

Chances are that was a 12 year old, what do you expect
It's 10x funnier than TSR in any case
Reply 16
Calling an entire country racist is itself racist.

Chances are that was a 12 year old, what do you expect

Er, no. Generalisation.
Er, no. Generalisation.

Lol. 12 year olds are on average going to be more immature and ignorant than older people. That's common sense, completely different from writing off an entire country as crass and racist.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18

I know you trollin'

There are a fair few degenerates and blatant racists but a majority of it clearly isn't serious, if you take it seriously you're doing it wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Lol. 12 year olds are on average going to be more immature and ignorant than older people. That's common sense, completely different from writing off an entire country as crass and racist.

No, it was the fact you assumed they were 12 year olds.

Latest