The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Any Americans or International students attending Sunderland?

Hey guys! :biggrin: I'm going to be studying here for a whole year, I am from America and was wondering if anyone knew if Sunderland had like scholarships or financial aid to international students? Just wondering! I am sooo excited! :smile: Can't wait to meet some awesome new people!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by musicartist93
Hey guys! :biggrin: I'm going to be studying here for a whole year, I am from America and was wondering if anyone knew if Sunderland had like scholarships or financial aid to international students? Just wondering! I am sooo excited! :smile: Can't wait to meet some awesome new people!

Hi, I'm not an international student but I'm looking to make friends. Where are you staying (halls) and what are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Original post by sophieleannexo
Hi, I'm not an international student but I'm looking to make friends. Where are you staying (halls) and what are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! :smile: That's perfect :biggrin: haha Im always looking to make more friends as well! I actaully just got offered this opportunity very recently but I was told I would most likely be put into the Clanny house and since my courses are different from yours, I'll still have to figure out what would be equivalent for my school but most likely anything with business, art and design, math, and english courses. :smile:
Hello! :smile: That's perfect :biggrin: haha Im always looking to make more friends as well! I actaully just got offered this opportunity very recently but I was told I would most likely be put into the Clanny house and since my courses are different from yours, I'll still have to figure out what would be equivalent for my school but most likely anything with business, art and design, math, and english courses. :smile:

Sounds great! I'm staying in Scotia Quay :smile: and good! I'm going to be doing Social Work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophieleannexo
Sounds great! I'm staying in Scotia Quay :smile: and good! I'm going to be doing Social Work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Well maybe we could hang out sometime :biggrin: Oh wow that's pretty cool!
Awesome! Well maybe we could hang out sometime :biggrin: Oh wow that's pretty cool!

Sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Not an international student but a local. Was hoping to do the reverse and go stateside in my second year.
Original post by louisgray
Not an international student but a local. Was hoping to do the reverse and go stateside in my second year.

You should go for it! I think you would really like it over here. :smile:
hey! i am gonna be there in oct intake, are u in sunderland city campus?
Original post by shani8811
hey! i am gonna be there in oct intake, are u in sunderland city campus?

hello :smile: Oh awesome! Yeah I'm still trying to get my classes worked out but because Im going into business, I think most of my classes are in the city campus oh and I was origionally suppose to be put in the clanny house but now I think they are switching me to Pann's Bank which is right next to the city campus :biggrin:
:frown: oh i am in The University of Sunderland London Campus which in located in London city not in sunderland. so sad, i am looking for someone attending london campus.
Reply 11
There is financial aid for international students, login to your account on the Uni of Sunderland portal and it should pop up somewhere there. I think you may automatically recieve a grant early in first year too.
i am gonna be there soon, are u gonna study in sunderland city campus?
Original post by shani8811
i am gonna be there soon, are u gonna study in sunderland city campus?

sorry, Ill be at the one in Sunderland, england, not london :frown: I hope you have an amazing time though!
even i am an international student. i will be in the uni for top up in business management
Reply 15
Hello, I will be entering year 2 of automotive engineering at St. Peters Campus in September. I'm from Malaysia and this is my first time coming to UK and hope to make some friends. Nice to meet you all!
Original post by bylam89
Hello, I will be entering year 2 of automotive engineering at St. Peters Campus in September. I'm from Malaysia and this is my first time coming to UK and hope to make some friends. Nice to meet you all!

Hi, i will be entering top up degree of account aand finance management at St. Peters campus in September. I'm from Malaysia too...
Reply 17
Original post by Shanny Tee
Hi, i will be entering top up degree of account aand finance management at St. Peters campus in September. I'm from Malaysia too...

Hello Shanny, nice to meet you! Are you currently in UK or going to UK on September?
Original post by bylam89
Hello Shanny, nice to meet you! Are you currently in UK or going to UK on September?

Hi Lam, i will go UK on September how bout you?
Reply 19
Original post by Shanny Tee
Hi Lam, i will go UK on September how bout you?

Shanny, I yet to receive my CAS letter and I'm still looking for a room near St Peters Campus. I plan to arrive at Sunderland about 9 or 10 Sept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending