The Student Room Group

Predicted scores for IB?

I'm planning on applying for law at Oxford amongst other universities, where the entry requirement is 38 points. In the most recent summer exams my results added up to 37 points, excluding the bonus points; I am aiming to be predicted 41, excluding the bonus points.
What about you? What were / are your predicted scores for IB?
Would be interested to know! Thanks :smile:
Original post by studentiam
I'm planning on applying for law at Oxford amongst other universities, where the entry requirement is 38 points. In the most recent summer exams my results added up to 37 points, excluding the bonus points; I am aiming to be predicted 41, excluding the bonus points.
What about you? What were / are your predicted scores for IB?
Would be interested to know! Thanks :smile:

So you're aiming to be predicted 44?

I was predicted 36 and got 39, 776 in HL (English, History and Geography) 665 at SL (French, Biology, Maths) + 2
Reply 2
Original post by Calllu-m
So you're aiming to be predicted 44?

I was predicted 36 and got 39, 776 in HL (English, History and Geography) 665 at SL (French, Biology, Maths) + 2

No, at my school they predict everyone 2 bonus points, regardless of intelligence. So I was aiming to be predicted 43. As a matter of fact I know now I am predicted 42 which I'm pretty happy with! :smile: Wow, your results are amazing!! What uni do you go to? :smile:
No, at my school they predict everyone 2 bonus points, regardless of intelligence. So I was aiming to be predicted 43. As a matter of fact I know now I am predicted 42 which I'm pretty happy with! :smile: Wow, your results are amazing!! What uni do you go to? :smile:

Yeah that's a good idea, as 3 bonus points is hard to get and is quite unlikely. Don't be disappointed if you don't get 42. Most people I know didn't meet their predictions, anything above 40 is still amazing. I go to St. Andrews
Reply 4
Original post by Calllu-m
Yeah that's a good idea, as 3 bonus points is hard to get and is quite unlikely. Don't be disappointed if you don't get 42. Most people I know didn't meet their predictions, anything above 40 is still amazing. I go to St. Andrews

Thankyou very much for your help. I have heard that St.Andrews is brilliant but unfortunately it doesn't do law :frown:
Thankyou very much for your help. I have heard that St.Andrews is brilliant but unfortunately it doesn't do law :frown:

I was originally planning on doing law, but I went to St. Andrews, and loved it so much, that I changed course completely so I could apply there.
Reply 6
Predicted 45
HL: Math Chem Econ
SL: French Bio Eng
(+I do an AS in Further Pure Math)
Looking at econ at cambridge/lse/america
Original post by shka
Predicted 45
HL: Math Chem Econ
SL: French Bio Eng
(+I do an AS in Further Pure Math)
Looking at econ at cambridge/lse/america

OMG you do the exact same combo as me! I really want to study Economics at Cambridge as well. I was wondering if you would say it's hard balancing your IB subjects with your AS in further maths? Because I really want to do that as well since I love maths, but I'm scared it might affect my IB scores.

Also would you say it is hard to score a 7 in IB maths higher?

And how balance IB with a social life and still be able to be predicted to score a 45?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending