The Student Room Group

Would you date someone with no interest in sex?

I used to think I was just a regular gay guy but with a very low sex drive. I got into my first serious relationship nearly a year ago now which ended a couple of months ago and it made me realize my sexuality actually very closely fits homoromantic/demisexual. The only parts of the body I am attracted to is face, lips and (a little less so) neck. I have no interest whatsoever in anything below the waste.

If I did have sex in a relationship, it would likely need to be at the right time and would be a special occasion rather than something for fun. I know that isn't literally a sex free relationshp, but I think by most people's standards it would be :tongue: I don't know how much I mean by 'occasional', it would obviously depend on the person, but I wouldn't like to go into a relationship with someone who is expecting sex. Which makes me think I will be single forever... As far as I know, no one wants to be in a sex-free relationship all their life. :frown: Would you ever date someone like that......?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not gonna lie, you'll struggle to find someone who is disinterested in sex as you are. It's all the rage nowadays, so most people you approach will be gagging for it in a relationship.

But you know what they say... there's someone for everyone. :tongue:
Reply 2
I'm not the biggest lover of sex but I like foreplay so I could go with someone who was willing to do foreplay, sex I could probably go without for a while but would want it every so often probably. There will be people out there who don't want sex/foreplay whatsoever but it will be hard to find them.
I wouldn't mind if my partner isn't interested in sex, but I definitely wouldn't care if they were female :lol:
I definitely wouldn't :nah: I think sex is my favourite thing everrrrrr. Or maybe a very close second :fluffy::fluffy: I personally would expect to be having loadsssss of sex with whoever I was dating :daydreaming:
Reply 5
No.
Personally I wouldn't, I have a fairly high sex drive. But I don't think you're alone. It may be more difficult to find someone, but not impossible
As an Asexual, I would totally go out with a person not interested in sex :tongue: I'm more of a romantic girl myself

There are loads of demisexual people out there OP!!!! Go for it :smile:
Original post by Yasmin25
I'm not the biggest lover of sex but I like foreplay so I could go with someone who was willing to do foreplay, sex I could probably go without for a while but would want it every so often probably. There will be people out there who don't want sex/foreplay whatsoever but it will be hard to find them.

I'm kinda the same, I prefer "other stuff" than full sex.
No.
don't understand assexualism, but no.
Certainly :h:
Aye, certainly.
Only if they're not aromantic too
Reply 14
To be sincere, i wouldn't.
Reply 15
I never have. So it would be something new. And no interest in sex just means I'll have to pull out my tricks myself and GET them interested. Oooorrrr we can find & make &keep love in a different way :yep:
I'm exactly like you OP. I'd purely be having sex for the satisfaction of my partner or to have children cause I don't have any innate interest in sex :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, for me sex is an important and healthy element of a relationship. It's always been, for me, a very bonding thing to do and I'd never feel I was truly connected to a partner until we'd experienced it.
basically the same as what the last poster said.

I'm not a nympho but sex is important to be in a relationship, among other things of course.
You could try finding an asexual, but it'll be hard. You're putting off a lot of dating options out here by not considering sex. That's not to say it's impossible though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending