The Student Room Group

How do women get away with such sexist attitudes against men?

Yet another example of misandry attitude from women!
I can't believe in today's politically correct world, women like this can get away with sexism against males with their pseudo intellectual bull!

"Fathers' fury after parenting expert claims young children of separated couples should not be allowed to spend the night with them"

Penelope Leach said children under four should not be parted from mother

Psychologist said separating children from mother can reduce development

But the new book Family Breakdown has angered fathers' groups

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658282/Fathers-fury-parenting-expert-claims-young-children-separated-couples-not-allowed-spend-night-them.html
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not entirely sure what you think this has to do with women as a whole. This is one woman's opinion based on her research. Her conclusions may or may not be true (and I suspect not, even just from my own background in psychology).
Towards men, you mean. Bah, all men, such poor grasp of language, etc, etc.
Reply 3
Original post by minimarshmallow
I'm not entirely sure what you think this has to do with women as a whole. This is one woman's opinion based on her research. Her conclusions may or may not be true (and I suspect not, even just from my own background in psychology).

This is about the constant sexism men face in the fight to see their own children with dignity. What makes it more disturbing is the fact most women deny that men face big obstacles due to ingrained misandry.

It is not just one woman's opinion, it is the constant misandry that is hidden under the cloak of research by women in this field. This is designed to keep giving women more rights over the father of their kids by making new rules and laws in child custody.
Original post by lonttt530

This is about the constant sexism men face in the fight to see their own children with dignity. What makes it more disturbing is the fact most women deny that men face big obstacles due to ingrained misandry.

It is not just one woman's opinion, it is the constant misandry that is hidden under the cloak of research by women in this field. This is designed to keep giving women more rights over the father of their kids by making new rules and laws in child custody.

The news article you posted isn't about constant sexism, and I don't see most women denying anything. A lot of feminists in fact recognise it as a part of the patriarchy - people assume that women are better caregivers by virtue of being women because women are seen to be wives and mothers in terms of the stereotypical 'womanly' characteristics, so they fare better in custody battles.

It is one woman's opinion. Her conclusion and the way it is being presented it subjective. I'd like to see the original research, because I suspect that it's faulty - hence why it is a book and not a peer reviewed journal (not that books are inherently just for faulty research, but they are easier to publish than journal articles in a lot of cases).
You're talking about women (plural) and their research in this field, but I'm literally seeing one woman! If there's more, please show me, but I don't see this as a big thing, it certainly doesn't seem to be a prevailing opinion. In fact, when I studied developmental psychology, plenty of studies done by both women and men said that the primary caregiver was incredibly important - be that the mother or the father. The fact that it tends to be the mother as the primary caregiver doesn't make it sexist that she's 'more important', if the father was the primary caregiver in that particular family then he'd be 'more important'. There's a slight advantage for mothers in that baby hears her voice all the time when she's pregnant, but this can be overcome by daddy talking to and reading to baby before and shortly after birth.

You're saying it's designed to give women more rights, but even if it is it isn't a mainstream thing - it's one woman and her book. It's not a law, it's not a policy, it isn't being suggested as such.
Reply 5
Original post by minimarshmallow
The news article you posted isn't about constant sexism, and I don't see most women denying anything. A lot of feminists in fact recognise it as a part of the patriarchy - people assume that women are better caregivers by virtue of being women because women are seen to be wives and mothers in terms of the stereotypical 'womanly' characteristics, so they fare better in custody battles.

It is one woman's opinion. Her conclusion and the way it is being presented it subjective. I'd like to see the original research, because I suspect that it's faulty - hence why it is a book and not a peer reviewed journal (not that books are inherently just for faulty research, but they are easier to publish than journal articles in a lot of cases).
You're talking about women (plural) and their research in this field, but I'm literally seeing one woman! If there's more, please show me, but I don't see this as a big thing, it certainly doesn't seem to be a prevailing opinion. In fact, when I studied developmental psychology, plenty of studies done by both women and men said that the primary caregiver was incredibly important - be that the mother or the father. The fact that it tends to be the mother as the primary caregiver doesn't make it sexist that she's 'more important', if the father was the primary caregiver in that particular family then he'd be 'more important'. There's a slight advantage for mothers in that baby hears her voice all the time when she's pregnant, but this can be overcome by daddy talking to and reading to baby before and shortly after birth.

You're saying it's designed to give women more rights, but even if it is it isn't a mainstream thing - it's one woman and her book. It's not a law, it's not a policy, it isn't being suggested as such.

You are wrong! In denial.
'Cause big booty bitches be bitchin'

Care to explain why I'm wrong instead of just spamming?
depends...to some of them it's about "payback"....when most men today don't hate women or think they don't deserve the same rights as we do...

Top debating skills there
Daily fail strikes again
Oh Jesus Christ, don't read the Daily Mail if you want to stay sane. It's a load of bull****.
Reply 12
Original post by Stony Owner
Oh Jesus Christ, don't read the Daily Mail if you want to stay sane. It's a load of bull****.

Have you ever read the Guardian? What load of **** with endless feminist stories!
Have you ever read the Guardian? What load of **** with endless feminist stories!

I agree with you. It's the reason I don't personally take in ANY news media currently. "What?" I hear you say. "That's crazy!" Well I was fed up with devouring nonsense. And I still find that I end up knowing about the most important world affairs, from the perception of the general population of my country anyway, because things get discussed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending