The Student Room Group

OCR GATEWAY CHEMISTRY B 16th June C4 C5 C6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I put that that the enzymes in the detergetent break down the calcium hydrogencarbonate into co2 calcium carbonate and water

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was there a question asking for the symbol equation of Fermentation? My friend says there was and I remember fermentation coming up but cannot remember what questions there were on it...
Reply 42
there was one about the balanced equation for ethanol

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 6 mark question about equilibrium i put: increasing the temperature, the system wants to decrease the temp so position of equilibrium moves to the left as the reaction was exo - (temperature also increases rate of reaction) pressure increases the rate of reaction and system wants to moves to the side of less molecules so to the right increase percentage yield and R of R! is this okay? how many marks would that be? :smile: sorry for the lengthy para

Posted from TSR Mobile
GUYS what did you draw for the dot and cross? i did both circular and bracket one [ F ]- [ Na ]+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Simonium1010
Was there a question asking for the symbol equation of Fermentation? My friend says there was and I remember fermentation coming up but cannot remember what questions there were on it...

Yeah.. C6H1206---> H2H5OH+CO2, that's what i got however, was the question to also balance it?
did anyone get something like 0.059 for the concentration of nitric acid? im surprised it was only worth 2/3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by heench
id say around 2/3 because you havent talked about its place in the periodic table or the electron configuration structure :smile:

i said about number of protons it has and number of neutrons and i said it has 3 electrons in its outer shell and is in group 3 and i also said what period it was in and this was the amount of shells it has. BUT, i stupidly wrote that it had a charge of +2 and that it was a transition metal (i have no idea why i said tht). i also said that it has metallic bond between its atoms and so can conduct electricity.
how many marks do you think that is? also, do you get marked down for every wrong thing you've said?
Original post by azaaza
I put that that the enzymes in the detergetent break down the calcium hydrogencarbonate into co2 calcium carbonate and water

Posted from TSR Mobile

was it talking about normal detergents or biological detergents?
Original post by Simonium1010

it asked for the balanced symbol equation
Original post by GDZK
Yeah.. C6H1206---> H2H5OH+CO2, that's what i got however, was the question to also balance it?

yes
it was 2 marks.....
Reply 52
can someone write all the questions or as many as they can remember please
Reply 53
what u wrote is not balanced only 1 mark
Guys what did you get for the saucepan question and for the last question in section D did you get Albania? Thanks :smile:
Original post by azaaza

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you sure co2 is made?
Reply 56
yes CO2 is made

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heench
and for one of the questions i got 72? :/

Yeah I got that too!
Original post by azaaza
yes CO2 is made

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't put that :// how many marks will i loose for it approx?
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending