The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Saying hi before term...

Hey! My name is Laura and I'm going to be living in brighton whilst attending Sussex uni :smile: I've got an unconditional offer for biology and since I won't be living in uni accommodation was hoping to introduce myself and get to know some people before term to make up for anything I might miss out :biggrin: so hi!
Original post by Lolliee
Hey! My name is Laura and I'm going to be living in brighton whilst attending Sussex uni :smile: I've got an unconditional offer for biology and since I won't be living in uni accommodation was hoping to introduce myself and get to know some people before term to make up for anything I might miss out :biggrin: so hi!

Hi Laura! Congrats on your unconditional - hope your pleased with it! :smile:

I'm going into my 3rd year at Sussex and know a lot of people who study Biology here. Everyone I've talked to in the life science department seems very happy with it.

Do you have any questions about the uni? Do you know what halls you will be living in, in sept? :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Samduthie
Hi Laura! Congrats on your unconditional - hope your pleased with it! :smile:

I'm going into my 3rd year at Sussex and know a lot of people who study Biology here. Everyone I've talked to in the life science department seems very happy with it.

Do you have any questions about the uni? Do you know what halls you will be living in, in sept? :smile:

Hi! I really liked the department when I went to visit it too :biggrin: I won't be staying in halls as I have my own place in Brighton, but I guess I would quite like to know whether there are any specific freshers events for people living off campus and how I would get involved with other events x
Original post by Lolliee
Hi! I really liked the department when I went to visit it too :biggrin: I won't be staying in halls as I have my own place in Brighton, but I guess I would quite like to know whether there are any specific freshers events for people living off campus and how I would get involved with other events x

Hi Laura, I'm glad you liked the department! A lot of the social life in first year does revolve around the campus. There are two bars on campus which hold events like cocktail nights, film screenings, sports socials, pub quizzes and so on.

In freshers week there will be a lot of stuff off campus, if I recall correctly from my first week there will be a student night on the Brighton pier and a pub crawl!
hey laura, i'm going into first year neuroscience with cognitive science and living in brighton, off campus too :smile:
i think i may have found you before on facebook though haha
Hi all :smile: My name's Harriet and I'll be studying Biology at Sussex come September. I too won't be living on campus and I'm a bit worried that it might make it harder to get involved in things, does anyone have any experience of this? Thaanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by harrietjob
Hi all :smile: My name's Harriet and I'll be studying Biology at Sussex come September. I too won't be living on campus and I'm a bit worried that it might make it harder to get involved in things, does anyone have any experience of this? Thaanks :smile:
Hi Harriet. We've got an event in Freshers Week for people for living off campus to help you meet others in a similar situation :smile:

Jo
Original post by SussexJo
Hi Harriet. We've got an event in Freshers Week for people for living off campus to help you meet others in a similar situation :smile:

Jo

Hi, I was wondering. I'm going to be a first year again this year but it's not my first year at Sussex (I've changed my course). Can I go to this social or is it for freshers?
Reply 8
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Hi, I was wondering. I'm going to be a first year again this year but it's not my first year at Sussex (I've changed my course). Can I go to this social or is it for freshers?
It's really aimed at people who are completely new to Sussex but I don't think any would mind if you popped along too. Maybe leave the goody bags to the new students?

There are lots of other events to help you meet people like Speed Mates on Saturday

Jo
Original post by SussexJo
It's really aimed at people who are completely new to Sussex but I don't think any would mind if you popped along too. Maybe leave the goody bags to the new students?

There are lots of other events to help you meet people like Speed Mates on Saturday

Jo

Ok. I'll skip it. Thanks anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by harrietjob

Hey :smile: I'm in exactly the same boat as you then, same course too :P I've heard about the off campus meet up which sounds good, but I turn 20 on the same day so I don't know whether I'll be able to go which is making me doubley worried xD I'm sure it's just me freaking out though...hopefully freshers things won't be too difficult to get involved with :smile:
Reply 11
I've been accepted to study BSc (Hons) Product Design with a professional placement year and I'll be living off campus too. Hoping to meet some nice people at the off campus on campus meet up. :smile:
Original post by Lolliee
Hey :smile: I'm in exactly the same boat as you then, same course too :P I've heard about the off campus meet up which sounds good, but I turn 20 on the same day so I don't know whether I'll be able to go which is making me doubley worried xD I'm sure it's just me freaking out though...hopefully freshers things won't be too difficult to get involved with :smile:

Ah cool, so we'll most likely be seeing each other around then :smile: I saw that meet up, but I think it's on a Sunday, which I usually work, so pants. Do you have any friends that'll be starting at Sussex too that you could go with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending