The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _collegegirl
Who else is thinking of applying to Durham University for courses starting in 2015? Thinking about applying for maths but worried I've messed my exams up meaning I won't get good enough AS results :frown:

I think I'll apply so I'll have somewhere to go when Cambridge doesn't work out. For Law, by the way.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Can someone message me personally on here, have so many Questions to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Who else is thinking of applying to Durham University for courses starting in 2015? Thinking about applying for maths but worried I've messed my exams up meaning I won't get good enough AS results :frown:

Yeah, I'm thinking of going for Geology (Anyone else?) Your exams will have gone well, you were revising for ages for them :smile:
Reply 23
PPE anyone? I can't imagine what I'll do if I don't get AAA in AS, won't bother applying to the likes of Durham and Oxford but there's no such thing as a prestigious course without a prestigious university :frown:
Original post by fzehra
PPE anyone? I can't imagine what I'll do if I don't get AAA in AS, won't bother applying to the likes of Durham and Oxford but there's no such thing as a prestigious course without a prestigious university :frown:

So true, it's as if getting less than AAB condemns you to going to an ex-poly these days.
Reply 25
I'll be applying for the MA in Greece, Rome and the Near East. Excited but nervous at the same time as I come from an IT background and a BSc in Management but always wanted to study Classical Antiquity and Ancient Greek at University but also wanted a career in Business. Now that I have the money and time off coming up, I've decided to go ahead with it.
Reply 26
I'm going to apply for Marketing (BA) for 2015. I'm not sure on the Queen's campus though. I haven't really heard great things about it.
Want to apply to durham this year to study psychology and philosophy, going to the open day on the weekend! hope I like it and like the look of trevelyan, does anyone know much about it other than website stuff?
Original post by JMJ_1996
Want to apply to durham this year to study psychology and philosophy, going to the open day on the weekend! hope I like it and like the look of trevelyan, does anyone know much about it other than website stuff?

If you have any specific questions about Trevs, I'll be happy to answer :-)
Alternatively, you generally get answers pretty quick from the Trevs college thread at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=308614
Thanks! I guess I don't have any real specific questions other than what are the bathrooms like? Because I'm not too sure about the idea of sharing with six people, but really do like the look of trevs. And would you consider it the best out of the hill colleges and what is the community like? Is there anything really unique about trevs other than the hexagonal corridors?

I am! WokSz convinced me. Haha. I'm applying for ancient history. I love the sound of the modules and I think I would love Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Loved what I saw on the open day, and I think this is where I'd most like to go to study Computer Science. Although I don't know how my AS Grades are going to have turned out which could have me dead in the water already :frown:
Original post by Petick
Loved what I saw on the open day, and I think this is where I'd most like to go to study Computer Science. Although I don't know how my AS Grades are going to have turned out which could have me dead in the water already :frown:

A fellow CS applicant!:biggrin:

Good luck with your results.
Reply 33
Original post by Frank the Tankk
A fellow CS applicant!:biggrin:

Good luck with your results.

You too! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by Coffeetime
I am! WokSz convinced me. Haha. I'm applying for ancient history. I love the sound of the modules and I think I would love Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :smile: I can't wait to start applying. It's so exciting, especially as I never thought I'd be going back to University!
I'm applying for English :smile: loved it at the open day
Applying for philosophy and psychology. The open day was fab! Although was it just me or did lots of people seem a little snobby
Reply 37
Original post by JMJ_1996
Applying for philosophy and psychology. The open day was fab! Although was it just me or did lots of people seem a little snobby

There were a lot of Oxbridge people there, it made me feel a bit weird
Some of the people I was on college tours with seemed so unfriendly and stuck up, but all of the students seemed lovely, so I'm hoping it's something they grow out of when they become students!
Reply 39
When we are all in the same boat, what with being new students we will all change to male friends, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending