The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Science C7- What are the grade boundaries usually like?

I've got the C7 exam on Thursday afternoon, and I just wanted to know what's the average marks needed for certain grades..
They're probably not too high, but I thought I'd check with you guys.
Hi there I'm new to this forum but I think I can help answer your paper.

I'm also sitting this exam on Thursday at 2.00pm and I was interested in finding out the grade boundaries.

The grade boundaries for the C7 June 2013 A173/02 paper (new spec) can be found here: http://www.wealdgs.org/user/74/161200.pdf you can see that the raw mark out of 60 for an A* was 37 and an A was 32, so similar to the C1-3 and C4-6 papers.

How are we feeling about this paper? I've found C7 the hardest thing I've studied at GCSE and I don't feel too great about this exam (especially compared to B7 which I did today and thought went well and P7 which I think will be OK). I hope I did well in the other two exams (and I know I did well in the coursework) because I'm gonna need them to back me up on this! :wink:
Reply 2
A173 has only been sat once, search for OCR grade boundaries June 2013.
Reply 3
do u have any revision things
The grade boundaries for A173/02 June 2013 were similar to that of the other chemistry exams - they got rid of the stupidly low grade boundaries.

37/60 for an A* and 32 for an A - see here: http://www.wealdgs.org/user/74/161200.pdf
Reply 5
I'm sure screwing up on C7 and having good grades in all the other exams won't affect the grade too badly, since Triple Science is mainly meant for people who want to do science at A Level. Seeing as it can be incredibly hard at times, the grade boundaries should be accordingly low.
You'll be OK so long as you've done well in the other exams and the coursework. Remember it's only 25%, so... if you do mes up you have C1-3, C4-6 and the coursework to back you up.

But I actually found the C4-6 a bit challenging. A lot more challenging than the C4-6 past papers I practised and the B4-6 and P4-6 exams.

Quick Reply

Latest