The Student Room Group

Things to do in the summer after GCSE's

What are you going to do in the summer. Share your plans for this summer.

Scroll to see replies

Read,read,and read some more :biggrin:
Seriously guys, just enjoy your summer rather than starting A level preparation. You'll be working hard for two years so you may as well take advantage of this long break :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Redecorating my room, doing more photography and video editing (finally buying a Sigma 10-20mm lens I hope and getting awesome landscapes!), going to the Lake District, doing some Microsoft qualifications with the school whilst I get them for free.

I'm all planned out. :smile:
Reply 4
Does anyone know where to get a job that pays well and is an active job for a 16yr old
[deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Changing Skies
Seriously guys, just enjoy your summer rather than starting A level preparation. You'll be working hard for two years so you may as well take advantage of this long break :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree but the holiday is too long and will get bored so want to find something productive and each day should be different as i get bored very easily
Reply 7
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I am going to prepare for A levels. I have some work experience with a barrister, but otherwise my summer is free so I'm going to use the time effectively. Law is so competitive, and I'd like to go to a top university (UCL or KCL ideally), so my plan is to learn the AS level content, meaning that the lessons will be revision and the actual exam season will be a lot easier. Hopefully I'll get 90%+ in the exams, leading to A* predicted grades and lots of offers. I hope.

That's a great of getting ahead and knowing the content of the subjects you are going to start studying in september, so you understand more in lessons. That;s really good for you. Keep it and good luck for getting your uni offers in 2016.:wink:
Reply 8
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Read,read,and read some more :biggrin:

And enjoy do't over work as your brain needs to be ready to learn. Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by JasonBrown2K14
Redecorating my room, doing more photography and video editing (finally buying a Sigma 10-20mm lens I hope and getting awesome landscapes!), going to the Lake District, doing some Microsoft qualifications with the school whilst I get them for free.

I'm all planned out. :smile:

That's great. Are you going to find a job? Good luck with your Microsoft qualifications. :smile:
Reply 10
As I said on the other forum:

I've decreed that I'll take a few days off once my holiday finally arrives (holiday with the family, that is) and a few days rest when I move to my new location. For the days regarding no rest, I shan't waste time and I plan on spending 80% of it learning some of the modules on AS Physics and Chem, primarily 1 and 2. Why bother going any further? I've also got a spare nuclear and particle physics A-level book which its content encompasses all of the A-level Nuclear and Particle physics content across all exam boards, so I'll learn from that.

Oh, and furthermore: I have two books I've been meaning to read, Why does E=mc^2? and The Black Death, an intimate history. (Medieval medicine is my favourite type of medical history, so much death, resistance and ignorance but also recollection and learning! Not so much as the renaissance but hey.)
Reply 11
Original post by Magistl
As I said on the other forum:

I've decreed that I'll take a few days off once my holiday finally arrives (holiday with the family, that is) and a few days rest when I move to my new location. For the days regarding no rest, I shan't waste time and I plan on spending 80% of it learning some of the modules on AS Physics and Chem, primarily 1 and 2. Why bother going any further? I've also got a spare nuclear and particle physics A-level book which its content encompasses all of the A-level Nuclear and Particle physics content across all exam boards, so I'll learn from that.

Oh, and furthermore: I have two books I've been meaning to read, Why does E=mc^2? and The Black Death, an intimate history. (Medieval medicine is my favourite type of medical history, so much death, resistance and ignorance but also recollection and learning! Not so much as the renaissance but hey.)

Oh ok that's nice. Moving locations must be exciting :tongue:

Yeah it's good to have a good understanding of the a-level subjects content so your ahead when you go back in september. Good Luck :colondollar:
i'm going to have a **** for every A* i get
I'll be reading over the AS-Level notes for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics that the OCR exam boards provide! After I have done this, I'll be downloading Star Wars: The Old Republic for some MMO fun!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by corporal
Oh ok that's nice. Moving locations must be exciting :tongue:

Yeah it's good to have a good understanding of the a-level subjects content so your ahead when you go back in september. Good Luck :colondollar:

Not particularly exciting. I'm still going to maintain communications with acquaintances and friends via Facebook/Twitter/Student room so there isn't much lost on that aspect.

I appreciate the "Good luck", best of luck to you too when you happen to do AS/A-level! Although it's true that we'll be working hard for the next two years after this break is done, I simply dislike sitting about doing little throughout the day, 'hanging with friends', 'watching a film or tv series' and 'relaxing' doesn't do it for me, it bores me. No offense to anyone who enjoys doing that! We all have different likes :smile:
Read all the 40 books that I've piled neatly into the corner of my room. :biggrin: I might order some more books and try finding some volunteer work, NCS, and learn bits of AS content to feel a bit more confident with my options. Might go through those head start to AS books instead of going into the hardcore stuff straight away :colone:
Reply 16
Original post by miz rahman
i'm going to have a **** for every A* i get

Lol what else are you going to do for the rest of your summer holiday :curious:
Reply 17
go to party's, read all the books on my book shelf and relaaaaaax
Original post by FatmanO
go to party's, smoke weed in Hyde park, read all the books on my book shelf and relaaaaaax

Smoke pan everyday!
Reply 19
Original post by PaulWilliams98
Smoke pan everyday!

ahhhhh, you know what I mean; not everyday though, I don't think ill be able to handle it.

Quick Reply

Latest