The Student Room Group

Human Biology F225

Anybody got any predictions of whats most likely to come up in this exam?
Original post by sashanair
Anybody got any predictions of whats most likely to come up in this exam?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the biology exams forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=370
Yo Sash, i have no idea. You got any because after that last disgrace of a paper set by ocr im hoping for some predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
hmm yeah still waiting for some predictions, but nothing so far, i just have a feeling that theres gonna be a fair bit about the eye :s-smilie: im dreading this paper so much
some one predicted the following;

After the last exam, I'd hazard that lore stuff come us that's not on the syllabus - perhaps black holes ;D

I'm guessing that from genetics:
Transplant comparability
Diseases
Recombinant DNA tech
DNA profiling

Nervous system:
Action potentials in stimulators or inhibitory neurones
Accommodation
Pain and opiate receptors

Homeostasis:
Selective reabsorption
Producing concentrated urine
Temperature control
Aquaporins

Ageing:
Osteoarthritis
Effects if an ageing population.

Some nasty synoptic questions.

Who knows, this exam is a bit of a gamble in terms of content, but some of the past papers are okay, with other being horrible!
Reply 6
Thank you :smile: i better go over those one last time then, good luck btw
Thanks, you to! - I'm predicting that cannabis usage will come up along with modifying brain function, strokes and haemodialysis - and a long ethics question maybe to do with transplants/ down's or turner's/klinefelter's
Reply 8
How did you all find the exam? I resat it as it didn't go too well last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lisa_20
How did you all find the exam? I resat it as it didn't go too well last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the paper was quite nice to be honest, much much nicer than the F224 exam anyway
Reply 10
Original post by AlexJN
I thought the paper was quite nice to be honest, much much nicer than the F224 exam anyway

As as they go it was a pretty good paper :smile:
very very good paper, much easier than many past exam papers - hopefully this paper will redeem that monstrosity last week
Oh, interesting, I thought it was a bit vague and horrid :-( Anyone got any feel for the raw mark for a A?

xxx
Reply 13
I didnt like the paper at all. I didnt think it focused too much on the specification and I didn't like the 10 mark question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lisa_20
I didnt like the paper at all. I didnt think it focused too much on the specification and I didn't like the 10 mark question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting how did you find the F224 paper then? because i found that paper extremely vague -but i think that question was synoptic and was drawing on info learnt on F221 and F225
Original post by yodellingbeaver
Oh, interesting, I thought it was a bit vague and horrid :-( Anyone got any feel for the raw mark for a A?

xxx

I'm guessing round about 70/72 for an A, i dunno may be even as high as 74
Bum! I got a really good A for my AS but I think between the F224 paper and this one I may have dropped down to a B despite my A* grade coursework. Argh!
63 as the raw mark for an A!!!!!! Amazing! and the coursework mark has got lower.

Still anxious for tomorrow :eek:
Grade boundaries are fantastic - too bad i completely ****ed up this subject looool. E/D here I come.
A! Yay! Mahusive Relief!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending