The Student Room Group

Pretty girls have it the hardest.

Poll

Being a pretty girl is hard.

I'm sure many of you will disagree with me however if you bear with me I'm sure I can help you see the truth of it.

1. Pretty girls are constantly surrounded by people who want to be with them just for the looks and not for their personality or intelligence. Therefore less attractive people are always out to get them with their ulterior motives.

2. Difficult to form friendships with other girls. I cannot stress this point enough, often you'll notice average girls hating on beautiful girls. They're jealous and they are threatened by a female who is superior in every possible way. So it can be a lonely world if you're pretty.

3. In the same ilk insecure guys will label pretty girls as sluts or whores simply because they've been rejected one time too many by a pretty girl.

4. It can be hard to find someone as pretty as you so you might have to compromise on looks more often than not.

Convinced?

Scroll to see replies

:toofunny:

Good one, OP.
By making this thread are you trying to imply that you yourself are pretty?

lel

Also, I don't know how you can make these assumption unless you have gone from butt ugly to 10/10.
(edited 9 years ago)
I see your point
Original post by AlphaNick
I don't get it... if I 'disagree' on the poll, does that mean I'm average-looking or what?

You have to agree with the OP, otherwise you're obviously fugly :P
Original post by Tinglay

lel

I didn't want to say it outright in the OP but yes people (even strangers) have acknowledged my attractiveness. Whenever I go out I'm constantly getting free drinks.
Reply 6
when they can just marry a footballer and live comfortably for their life or even insta divorce and take half their money?
Original post by Tinglay

lel

Also, I don't know how you can make this assumption unless you have gone from butt ugly to 10/10.

So people have to have no self esteem? Why can't she think she's pretty?
Reply 8
4. It can be hard to find someone as pretty as you so you might have to compromise on looks more often than not.

:lol:
I never have any of these issues. Not sure if ugly, or just incorrect OP.
I don't think it really matters all that much to be honest, it's not really that important in everyday life imo unless you make it important if that makes sense?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I see your point

If that's you in the OP. No doubt you've experienced this fawning phenomenon from the average folk.
Original post by Mother Teresa
I didn't want to say it outright in the OP but yes people (even strangers) have acknowledged my attractiveness. Whenever I go out I'm constantly getting free drinks.

So am I and I'm not even female... I don't think the free drink thing that says that much.
Nothing. Just find it pretty humorous. Move along :u:
Original post by Mother Teresa
If that's you in the OP. No doubt you've experienced this fawning phenomenon from the average folk.

It's me in my photo. I've had a few people make assumptions about me based on the fact I'm very into hair and makeup (must be a bimbo/slut/thick) etc and had snide comments from girls because I dress well at all times. It's really unfair.

No doubt I'll get slagged off for saying this though
To be fair, they do generally have pretty bad friendships; it's either girls constantly finding reasons to hate them, or slightly pussified guys who either develop a crush on them, which then gets awkward or hate them from the start because they are bitter they will never get with them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 8472
when they can just marry a footballer and live comfortably for their life or even insta divorce and take half their money?

Most WaGs are not even pretty. At least not UK WaGs.

Vs.

Getting divorced is never a nice prospect either.
Define 'pretty' in this context. Everyone has a different viewpoint when it comes to who is and isn't pretty. Whether people have it hard or not comes entirely down to their expectations, realism and how others perceive them.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's me in my photo. I've had a few people make assumptions about me based on the fact I'm very into hair and makeup (must be a bimbo/slut/thick) etc and had snide comments from girls because I dress well at all times. It's really unfair.

No doubt I'll get slagged off for saying this though

Hair and makeup is a big industry and it's extremely lucrative, why would imply that you're thick? I suspect they're jealous, I'm sure they're wishing to be you. :gfight:
I can semi see your point OP. But I don't think they have it any harder than other girls who are deemed less pretty/attractive etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending