The Student Room Group

Pretty girls have it the hardest.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mother Teresa

3. In the same ilk insecure guys will label pretty girls as sluts or whores simply because they've been rejected one time too many by a pretty girl.

:unimpressed:

Being insecure does not mean you have some kind of pathological hatred of women. :rolleyes:

They just scare the **** out of me :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
you do have a point about unwanted attention being on the person 24/7 people keep forgetting that not all pretty girls are outgoing or popular (aka they can handle the attention) some are very shy and would rather go undetected but can't because their looks keeps gravifting others toward them but i wouldn't say they have it the hardest...
of course people notice you more if you're pretty but on the lines of scrutiny you can't compare it with an unattractive person that has an attuide their uglyness is more noticeable, while with a pretty girl that has a nasty attuide they're just judged on their personality but they still have people running errands for them.
Just picking apart your senseless argument:

1. Pretty girls are constantly surrounded by people who want to be with them just for the looks and not for their personality or intelligence. Therefore less attractive people are always out to get them with their ulterior motives.

You make it sound as if pretty girls are idolised. They are not. I've never met anybody who's said 'oh, hey, look- there's a pretty girl. I want to be her friend'. In a friendship, personality means a heck of a lot more. Perhaps you go to a supremely shallow school?

2. Difficult to form friendships with other girls. I cannot stress this point enough, often you'll notice average girls hating on beautiful girls. They're jealous and they are threatened by a female who is superior in every possible way. So it can be a lonely world if you're pretty.

.... Or maybe they hate them because they're utter morons, like you seem to be. What is with this elitist attitude? What makes you think you have the right to deem others 'less attractive' than you? Why is there an 'us' and 'them' thing going on here?
'Threatened by a female who is superior in every possible way'. Oh, please. Being pretty does not make you superior in every. You could potentially have superior aesthetic features, but that's where the superiority ends. These so called 'average girls' could be mathematical geniuses or musical prodigies. In that respect, they're far superior to you. What makes you think are 'superior in every single possible way?'. It just makes you seem like a ****, if you ask me.

3. In the same ilk insecure guys will label pretty girls as sluts or whores simply because they've been rejected one time too many by a pretty girl.

No comment on this one- guys can be idiots sometimes.

4. It can be hard to find someone as pretty as you so you might have to compromise on looks more often than not.

You are extremely shallow. 'Compromise'? You disgust me, honestly.

So, what I've gathered from OPs post:
1) She has an extremely elitist attitude as she thinks she's pretty
2) she looks down on others she deems to be 'less attractive' and labels them as being inferior to her
3) To her, prettiness seems to be the most important thing. Therefore, I can conclude that she seems to be extremely shallow.
4) She is reluctant to form friendships with people she thinks are less attractive, further reinforcing point 3.

I don't know whether I'm pretty or not, and I honestly don't care. How attractive you are should not define you. I'd rather be ugly and intelligent than pretty and shallow as OP seems to be.
Original post by thechemistress

1. Pretty girls are constantly surrounded by people who want to be with them just for the looks and not for their personality or intelligence. Therefore less attractive people are always out to get them with their ulterior motives.

You make it sound as if pretty girls are idolised. They are not. I've never met anybody who's said 'oh, hey, look- there's a pretty girl. I want to be her friend'. In a friendship, personality means a heck of a lot more. Perhaps you go to a supremely shallow school?

2. Difficult to form friendships with other girls. I cannot stress this point enough, often you'll notice average girls hating on beautiful girls. They're jealous and they are threatened by a female who is superior in every possible way. So it can be a lonely world if you're pretty.

.... Or maybe they hate them because they're utter morons, like you seem to be. What is with this elitist attitude? What makes you think you have the right to deem others 'less attractive' than you? Why is there an 'us' and 'them' thing going on here?
'Threatened by a female who is superior in every possible way'. Oh, please. Being pretty does not make you superior in every. You could potentially have superior aesthetic features, but that's where the superiority ends. These so called 'average girls' could be mathematical geniuses or musical prodigies. In that respect, they're far superior to you. What makes you think are 'superior in every single possible way?'. It just makes you seem like a ****, if you ask me.

4. It can be hard to find someone as pretty as you so you might have to compromise on looks more often than not.

2) she looks down on others she deems to be 'less attractive' and labels them as being inferior to her
3) To her, prettiness seems to be the most important thing. Therefore, I can conclude that she seems to be extremely shallow.
4) She is reluctant to form friendships with people she thinks are less attractive, further reinforcing point 3.

I don't know whether I'm pretty or not, and I honestly don't care. How attractive you are should not define you. I'd rather be ugly and intelligent than pretty and shallow as OP seems to be.

Since when were 'intelligent' and 'shallow' opposites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Affected.
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Since when were 'intelligent' and 'shallow' opposites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They generally are. Shallow people tend not to be intelligent enough to determine the important things in life.
Affected.

Affected by what?
It would be nice if you could take the time to respond to my comment properly - I did spend quite a while typing it out.
Pretty to who? :lol:
I don't think it matters as much when you leave school and become an adult, but f no good looking people don't have a harder time than disfigured, unattractive people they might not even be able to find a mate, friends, be socially accepted.
I'm sure many of you will disagree with me however if you bear with me I'm sure I can help you see the truth of it.

Except, their method of 'being out to get them' usually involves trying their utmost to entertain them and be nice to them. I suppose you're going to claim next that billionaires have it harder than the poor because at least the poor have real friends who aren't just after money.

It can be a lonely world if you're in any way different. Being pretty, intelligent or skilled all make you stand out from the crowd and that can lead to jealousy, but the only reason they're jealous is because those things make life so much easier in all the ways it isn't easy for most others.

And insecure guys are labled as creeps and pervs. There are a lot of girls who take pride in being called sluts, or who (rightly) just brush it off as stupid namecalling. But that's a little harder to do with being called a creep: jealousy over how good your sex life is is not quite in the same league as rejection from the exact same people nature specifically forces you to pursue and value above everything else.

You know what, I take it all back. Is there some sort of charity where we can donate money to these poor girls? It breaks my heart that people have to suffer such agony (!)
I'm sure many of you will disagree with me however if you bear with me I'm sure I can help you see the truth of it.

Applies to men too, but would be the only real valid point

Thing is women understand women and generally don't like each other. Two ugly girls will bitch and moan about the other just as much as two pretty girls. It's just a stereotype perpetuated by 'mean girls' type films.

Again applies to ugly girls too

This is a bit hypocritical, saying in #1 pretty people are judged only on looks, and then a #4 saying that pretty people are less able to judge on looks alone? If your an ugly person I would say you would have to compromise more, hell even average people have to compromise.

Convinced?

Comments in bold

Good looks also help an individual in social and economic matters.
(edited 9 years ago)
No- men with a kind of 'masculine effeminacy' have it hardest.

That is, they are not gay and, because they can actually be very serious minded, they are also not theatrical enough in their ways to be popular as a novel curiousity either. Their brand of masculine effeminacy comes about because they actually physically fancy women enormously and they crave protection by and contact with them.

They are most likely to be working class / lower middle class and living with their parents. Or to be in New Romantic bands from the 1980s. If they are living in a cosmopolitan, variety-crammed, big city they might be moderately happy from time to time. If they're not they might be very unhappy despite some appearances to the contrary for women just seem to think that they need to 'man up' or, indeed, disappear altogether. Which proves that women are not the fairer sex on the whole.
(edited 9 years ago)
They generally are. Shallow people tend not to be intelligent enough to determine the important things in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah this is utter crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want to counter 2. I don't think I'm stunning, but I'm "striking" and spend effort on my appearance. Girls are vile to me.

All through school, girls bitched about me, and were downright horrible. I was teased about the fact I had big boobs (yes really), told my eyes were "creepy", and just generally put down about how I look. The girls who did this aren't particularly good looking.

Even now, I get horrible comments from women. "Who are you trying to impress looking like that?" "How do you have the time/money to look glam?!" And behind my back "Don't ask her to help, wouldn't want her to break a nail" "her boyfriend must pay for her"

It's really unfair and horrible
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I just want to counter 2. I don't think I'm stunning, but I'm "striking" and spend effort on my appearance. Girls are vile to me.

All through school, girls bitched about me, and were downright horrible. I was teased about the fact I had big boobs (yes really), told my eyes were "creepy", and just generally put down about how I look. The girls who did this aren't particularly good looking.

Even now, I get horrible comments from women. "Who are you trying to impress looking like that?" "How do you have the time/money to look glam?!" And behind my back "Don't ask her to help, wouldn't want her to break a nail" "her boyfriend must pay for her"

It's really unfair and horrible

Obviously, those girls were awfully insecure. I'm sorry that you were (and still are) bullied for being pretty. It's ridiculous that people would go to such lengths to demean somebody :frown:
My problem was with OP's point two in which she stated that pretty girls were 'superior in every possible way'. I can't stand her elitist attitude, hence my angry response.
Obviously, those girls were awfully insecure. I'm sorry that you were (and still are) bullied for being pretty. It's ridiculous that people would go to such lengths to demean somebody :frown:
My problem was with OP's point two in which she stated that pretty girls were 'superior in every possible way'. I can't stand her elitist attitude, hence my angry response.

Yeah I don't think pretty people are superior, I was just pointing out that some girls are horrid to people just because they look nice. It's stupid, everyone should be nice to eachother
Even though they get away with talking **** and doing no work.

Prefer an ugly bird that buys a round in tbh.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Shut the **** up, I can say what I want

Calm it, must've touched a nerve :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending