The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Rave Party scene (Squat Raves/Free Parties and Clubs)

ss
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ss
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Depends what you're into. My cousin lives in Brighton and says that the superior 'raves' are at house parties/outside rather than in clubs. You've just got to find the right ones, and you can only do that by mixing with 'those' people who are savvy about these things. Enjoy.

Also, do you know of any good clubs in London for trance/acid house raving sort of thing please?
Reply 3
ss
(edited 9 years ago)
Merci beaucoup.
Original post by Sam396
Hey guys I've firmed Sussex due to start this September doing CompSci. Wanted to ask about the rave scene in Brighton. Heard its got quite a big free party/squat rave scene which is something I'm very into and was wondering whether any students could hook me up with the connect for finding when these things go down.

Also looking for info on the rave clubs in Brighton (similar to Fabric/Egg for any of you Londonders).

Thanks hope to make friends with some of you party peeps in a few months

Hey Sam :smile:

I'm a second year at Sussex and a big fan of raves/free parties. I've been to a couple of free parties on the southdowns/in the woods by campus recently. The only real way to find out about this is word of mouth, so trying to find like minded people. As for rave clubs, Volks in brighton as a lot of alternative raves nights. I went to one there recently that was 6pm-6am and played all sorts. It gets a bit of a bad place for being a bit grim or rough but Ive never had any trouble there and I really like it - it may not be classy but it's honest and is the best place for the free party vibe. Also Concorde 2 has a fair few alternative nights. Tbh though, I've found house parties are the best bet. People put on some sick ones sometimes! Just get to know people who are into the same kinda stuff as you and eventually you'll start to wiggle into the scene or find houseparties with the rave feel. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
I'm trying to find out where the best squat raves are in London mate could you be of assistance?
I've heard they host many parties and raves in warehouses and stuff like that in London. Anyone know anything about those?
Reply 8
Original post by elizavetatch
I've heard they host many parties and raves in warehouses and stuff like that in London. Anyone know anything about those?

I know of a place called Sidings Warehouse near London Bridge. It's a warehouse turned club, I went there in October when Danny Daze was playing... I think it was pretty good.

For secret raves/word of mouth type things, look up the 'Synthesis Project' group on Facebook. I can't remember how it works, as I'm not really into that sort of thing anymore, but essentially what happens is you give them your phone number, and they'll text you details of secret raves and parties, times, locations, etc.
Reply 9
Raves are just parties organised by the police they use it as a opportunity to blackmail people into becoming informers or agent provactuers ie entrapment
do u know of any Brighton free parties coming up soon ??
Reply 11
squat raves have died since croydon rave that made the national news it baited up the scene and now it is nearlly impossible to find a rave in london... they might be back in a few years
anyone who is in London this sat check out Subversive Sounds on fb. Rave sat night, going to be mad.
Go on fb and find 'rant and rave' !!!!
Hello there I would like to know about squats here in brighton? Anyone know about them?:smile:
Reply 15
Does anyone know something fun today tonight for free? Like squat or rave
UNIT RAVE £5 ENTRY FEE ,STOCKED BAR AND LOADS OF DJS

forward works riverside industrial estate bridge lane wa1 4ba
PicsArt_04-01-05.36.52.jpg
Lol wrong website
starting sussex in september, go squats in london so hmu if you go to them

Quick Reply

Latest