The Student Room Group

Special consideration/ extenuating circumstances??

Today I threw up before my exam, and I felt really dizzy, can I get extenuating circumstances? Also I have an exam tomorrow if I still feel ill is there anything I could do?? I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make up excuses or anything but I honestly think it stopped me doing my best.
Did you see a doctor? If so, ask them to write a quick note explaining the situation which can then be handed in with your exam script. If not - go and see one if you think you are still ill/ it appears to be an ongoing thing, or talk to whoever's in charge of exams at your school who may be able to put something in with the paper to ask the examiners to take your illness into consideration.
Reply 2
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Did you see a doctor? If so, ask them to write a quick note explaining the situation which can then be handed in with your exam script. If not - go and see one if you think you are still ill/ it appears to be an ongoing thing, or talk to whoever's in charge of exams at your school who may be able to put something in with the paper to ask the examiners to take your illness into consideration.

No I just went home and went to sleep. Okay thanks :smile: hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, to be honest I think it's the weather and too much exercise, probably was just dehydrated or something, hope it was just that anyway!!
Reply 3
Original post by amelimoo
Today I threw up before my exam, and I felt really dizzy, can I get extenuating circumstances? Also I have an exam tomorrow if I still feel ill is there anything I could do?? I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make up excuses or anything but I honestly think it stopped me doing my best.

Try to get a doctor's note and see what happens.

Chances are, you'd get an extra 2% added, or something low, as exam boards aren't very nice.
That could only be a couple of marks, depending on the paper.

I hope you manage to sort it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending