The Student Room Group

Is Quinoderm effective?

I've always had very mild acne i.e. odd spot here and there but over the last month I've had a major break out on my cheeks.

Will quinoderm help me? I know it had benzoyl peroxide which is essentially a bleach so that should be good right?

HELP
Reply 1
Used it for a long time and all it did was to discolour the shoulder area of my t-shirts when they'd rub against my face in the night, that's how strong it was. Did nothing to heal the spots and acne on my face though.
I used it once before bed. I woke up the next morning with burns on my face. I didnt even put that much on and or so I thought washed it off. However my brother uses a dab of it maybe 3 or 4 times a week and thinks its great. He used to have mild acne. He swears by dabing fresh lemon juice to the infected area every night after either a hot shower or by steaming his face with a bowl of boilng water. It takes a few weeks but I could see visable improvements to his spots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put too much on and your face will burn and turn red/ become very irritated. I too have mild acne and I can say that, although it doesn't clear up all the spots, it'll usually do 75% or so of the job. If used in conjunction with a good cream can be effective.

OP, buy this if you can spare a few £

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearzine-Bottles-Eliminates-Blackheads-Blotchiness/dp/B004LJ0ZK6/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403486947&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=clearzin

Some legit stuff, works for me lol
It works perfectly for me, I squeeze a little bit out then apply it with a cotton bud so it only goes on the spot and doesn't burn the skin around it :smile:
You can get a medical attention for this acne.
Reply 6
Original post by Mother Teresa
I've always had very mild acne i.e. odd spot here and there but over the last month I've had a major break out on my cheeks.

Will quinoderm help me? I know it had benzoyl peroxide which is essentially a bleach so that should be good right?

HELP

This stuff does work well but you have to use the SMALLEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE, if you use too much your face will burn

Make sure your face is completely clean, cleansed and dried before you apply it to your face, avoid your lips and under eyes (they will burn horribly)

Try to use it at night instead of during the day, change your pillowcase to a white pillowcase (so that the bleach in Quinoderm doesn't ruin your pillowcase)

Be sure to moisturize the next morning and apply a factor 50 sun block

Also, this stuff is VERY strong, do a patch test on the back of your wrist before using it on your face
Reply 7
Here's my experience: I had pretty consistent medium acne for years, starting from age 14 until I was 22. I know this sounds like a paid testimonial, but I literally tried everything else - Clearasil, every scrub and wash in the shop, I tried exercising and meditating, washing very gently and infrequently, I tried diets, I even tried just doing nothing to my skin at all.

Then I tried Quinoderm. Initially, it stung when I applied it. It feels like it's burning your skin, and for about a month the skin on my face was peeling loads. It looked horrific and I would leave a fine powder of skin whenever I touched my face with my sleeve. It does warn you that your skin needs to adjust to Quinoderm, but I was shocked. However, I stuck with it, because although my skin was peeling, I actually did not get any new spots.

Two months later, my skin completely cleared and I had no peeling or spots. IT WORKED. I have been dealing with spots for 8 years, and it just solved it in 2 months. I was beyond overjoyed. Nowadays I apply it usually every day, usually twice a day. I have no spots, no peeling, and besides a faint chemical smell for a couple of hours after you apply it, there's no side effects. I've been doing this for about 4 years and nothing bad has happened to my skin - no wrinkles, no scarring, nothing.

Quinoderm WORKS. It literally changed my life not to have spots any more, as I'm sure many of you with acne will attest to.
Original post by Wulfsten
Here's my experience: I had pretty consistent medium acne for years, starting from age 14 until I was 22. I know this sounds like a paid testimonial, but I literally tried everything else - Clearasil, every scrub and wash in the shop, I tried exercising and meditating, washing very gently and infrequently, I tried diets, I even tried just doing nothing to my skin at all.

Then I tried Quinoderm. Initially, it stung when I applied it. It feels like it's burning your skin, and for about a month the skin on my face was peeling loads. It looked horrific and I would leave a fine powder of skin whenever I touched my face with my sleeve. It does warn you that your skin needs to adjust to Quinoderm, but I was shocked. However, I stuck with it, because although my skin was peeling, I actually did not get any new spots.

Two months later, my skin completely cleared and I had no peeling or spots. IT WORKED. I have been dealing with spots for 8 years, and it just solved it in 2 months. I was beyond overjoyed. Nowadays I apply it usually every day, usually twice a day. I have no spots, no peeling, and besides a faint chemical smell for a couple of hours after you apply it, there's no side effects. I've been doing this for about 4 years and nothing bad has happened to my skin - no wrinkles, no scarring, nothing.

Quinoderm WORKS. It literally changed my life not to have spots any more, as I'm sure many of you with acne will attest to.

Allo, I also found quinoderm is the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately it's been discontinued and I can't seem to find it anywhere :/ where do you buy it? also have you tried the quinoderm facewash and if so did you think that worked too? as I've only tried the cream.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending