The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accomodation at Kent,Medway(Liberty quays)

Hello Everyone,

I would be starting at University of Kent Medway Campus on 29th Sept 2014 and have chosen Liberty Quays as my accommodation.

Msc Value chain management is my course

If anybody else has similar accomodation plans , pls introduce yourself !!
Providing I get the grades I'm gonna be at Kent's Medway campus staying in Liberty Quays too, doing Music Technology haha!
Really want to find people before I move down so I at least know someone hahah!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by charliebond_
Providing I get the grades I'm gonna be at Kent's Medway campus staying in Liberty Quays too, doing Music Technology haha!

Hey Music Tech sounds awsome :smile: N hope you get the grades too !!!
That was the whole point of starting the thread...to get to know ppl so that we wont be complete strangers!
I'm so excited for it haha, like I think the only worry I have is that (from what I got told at my interview by second years) it's completely male dominated but I'm sure that won't be too much of a problem! Awh haha, so you're doing a masters? :smile:
Reply 4
I'm so excited for it haha, like I think the only worry I have is that (from what I got told at my interview by second years) it's completely male dominated but I'm sure that won't be too much of a problem! Awh haha, so you're doing a masters? :smile:

Pretty much excited too myself !! yea i will be doing masters :smile:
Is your a 2 year course?
i'm doing a BSc hahah, but still! What did you do for undergraduate? :smile:
Reply 6
I have done Mechanical Engineering !! but i am also interested in music , it could have been my next best choice :smile:

Do you play any music instruments too? :smile:
a lot of the courses i looked at involved engineering but i don't think my maths was up to scratch for that haha!
yeah, i play piano mainly but a bit of drums and guitar too :smile: do you? :tongue:
Reply 8
yea well my math isint that great either:tongue:

thats sweet yaa :biggrin: well i mainly play guitar and tried my hands on harmonica , ukelele & bit of drums too !!!

Im currently taking a Dj course , hopefully it will be completed before i join :smile::wink:
i love maths but sometimes it's so complicated haha! :tongue:
ukelele's fun and quite easy as well, not as much of a stretch for my fingers with chords! :smile: i love playing drums, i hope i play more when i'm actually at uni considering i have access to kits haha
ooh that sounds like fun! :tongue:
Reply 10
oohh okay looks like you will be creating a lot of chaos at the uni :tongue:

uke is fun .....specially good when you dont want to do a lot of thinking and just relax!:cool:
hahaha not so much chaos as trying out ideas and stuff, totally not the kind of person who makes chaos! :wink:
exactly, that's what i love about piano haha, it's just my own little thing :tongue:
Reply 12
hahaha not so much chaos as trying out ideas and stuff, totally not the kind of person who makes chaos! :wink:
exactly, that's what i love about piano haha, it's just my own little thing :tongue:

well i wish you all the best and hope to see ya there :smile:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go to liberty quays.
just spent six months there -- overpriced like hell.

The people are nice though -- if you're a party person and don't mind shouting at night and wall banging, sure.
I will also be a Liberty Quays, doing Fine Art and I've found no-one else doing the same so far haha!
As for the comment above, I don't have any choice but to stay there as I don't live local!
Reply 15
Original post by hannahart
I will also be a Liberty Quays, doing Fine Art and I've found no-one else doing the same so far haha!
As for the comment above, I don't have any choice but to stay there as I don't live local!

I am guessing thats a universal problem now :frown: neither have i found anyone who is taking the same course as I

although the price at liberty is a bit rich, there is no other choice.
Reply 16
I'm at liberty next year too, going into second year. Most people seemed to enjoy it at liberty last year anyway. I didn't find anyone on my course til it started last year though but guess course size was small.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the accommodation like at Medway? Is it a good campus overall? I'm thinking of applying for it to be my second choice but haven't had chance to visit yet.
Reply 18
I'd say the accommodation is pretty good but little expensive which is reasonable due to distance to London. The actual campus could be better for nightlife if looking for that, library is pretty large and becomes open 24/7 towards exam period. A lot of people don't really like the medway campus though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending