The Student Room Group

AA Driving lessons

I have a AA driving instructor and I am a complete beginner to driving, is this right that in my second lesson he got me driving at mini roundabouts, T junctions, zebra crossings, pelican crossings, maneuvers and I drove myself home too!

Also I've just finished my third lesson, I drove to and from meaning I drove throughout the lesson. Is their anyone that currently takes aa lessons? or has taken them, if so how much have you taken prior to taking the test?
Original post by daydreamer93
I have a AA driving instructor and I am a complete beginner to driving, is this right that in my second lesson he got me driving at mini roundabouts, T junctions, zebra crossings, pelican crossings, maneuvers and I drove myself home too!

Also I've just finished my third lesson, I drove to and from meaning I drove throughout the lesson. Is their anyone that currently takes aa lessons? or has taken them, if so how much have you taken prior to taking the test?

Sorry no I have not as I have had trouble getting my licence. However my instructor will be an AA franchise and he has done at least 3 of my friends. There is nothing wrong with what you did in your second lesson. :smile: In fact that is great. As long as you are now happy with the skills. If not ask him to go back and practice them with you again. I assume you was going to do that anyway. Have to say my instructor got variable results- :s-smilie: One passed with only 12hrs tutition another was ready at 20hrs unfortunately he failed due to an overgrown hedge obstructing a speed limit so he continued at the national speed limit resulting in a fail. The third was just petrified of driving and has taken nearly double that and is yet to cover manauvers. Nothing to do with the instructor the boy vouches that it is him and just finding driving a scary experience and being extremely nervous behind the wheel. But that said studies show that most the population take between 40 and 50 hours.
Reply 2
I was mortified with AA. I booked 20 hrs with an instructor called: Shahid Razzaq(mill hill)Every week he would refuse to book my lesson in advance for the next week, and I would be chasing him up with texts/calls to book lessons.Then it was his YouTube,WhatsApp & instagram usage whilst I was learning in the car.Loud music on/off, Whatsaps to his friends and scrolling through Instagram when I needed his undivided attention which was the tip of the iceberg.My lessons consisted of driving around mill hill every lesson and he still didn't teach me about reverse parking/parking.His sudden bursts of anger during the lessons was the final straw and i decided to end my experience with this dwodle.Not to mention his lateness and constant stops for snacks.His coffee would be by the hand break preventing me from using it sufficiently.AA was informed about his conduct/usage of phone but he is STILL on the road as an instructor,which doesn't surprise me at all. Iv seen him around. For him it was easy money and no work. Avoid this illegal school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending