The Student Room Group

partner's earnings

I will be a new student in September and my partner has been asked to provide proof of his self-employed earnings for the tax year 2012-13. We sent in his tax return for 2013-14 as this shows his earnings for 2012-13 but they have told me that they need his tax return for 2012-13 (which shows his earnings for 2011-12). Because his earnings were higher in 2011-12 we are now completing a Current Year Income Assessment which asks for his earnings for 2014-15, I called Student Finance who told me that this will be his earnings for the year 2014-15 (which will be on the tax return for 2015-16 and will be submitted in 2016).

Is this right? They have given me incorrect advice several times, initially advising me that my partner’s earnings wouldn’t be taken into account as we only moved in together last year, which they have now told me is incorrect.
The way they work the figures is totally correct.
I have been down this road.
You cannot use the 2013-14 tax return thus year.
He must estimate his income for 2014-15. At year end he provides proof and any over award of loan/grant is taken back.

However unless you are married/over 25 I don't know how you are not being assessed on your parents.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending