The Student Room Group

Steroids or Cigarettes??

which topic should I research about? Which sounds more interesting, I like both but can't decide!! Help.
What are you researching for?
Original post by AlphaDog0127
What are you researching for?

It's just a research topic for Chemistry i want it to be medical related
Original post by ilikechemistry
It's just a research topic for Chemistry i want it to be medical related

I'd imagine steroids could be more interesting
Original post by AlphaDog0127
I'd imagine steroids could be more interesting

thanks, do you think its a good topic?

Yep

Steroids are quite good in terms of chemistry - they have loads of different uses, e.g. endogenous hormones and drugs.

Cigarettes is also good, more so medically than in terms of chemistry IMO, but you can also research about the main carcinogens in cigarettes - benzopyrenes - as well as the effects of smoking tobacco.

Is this something like the EPQ? In that case, I think I would go for cigarettes, as it's a much wider topic medically, IMO.
Another interesting area that you could discuss in relation to smoking is the effects of nicotine in delaying the progression of alzheimer's disease.
Original post by ChemistryBud
Another interesting area that you could discuss in relation to smoking is the effects of nicotine in delaying the progression of alzheimer's disease.

Oooo that sounds really good thanks!!
Oooo that sounds really good thanks!!

Haha thats ok i think its interesting too, I haven't had the time to look into it fully myself so if you do research this be sure to let me know what you find out :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest