The Student Room Group

Moleskine?

Hi,

Does anybody use research journals to keep track of reading lists, bibliographies, concepts, mind maps, arguments and drafts?

In an age of iphones, computers and laptops and countless programs, I prefer the old pen and paper as it has a more satisfying feel that typing screens all the time. Also, an A5 or A6 journal means I can carry then around; read them on trains and makes notes while sitting on the bus.

What do you think? Do you do something similar? Or do you prefer electronic programs for everything?
Original post by LeeMills77
Hi,

Does anybody use research journals to keep track of reading lists, bibliographies, concepts, mind maps, arguments and drafts?

In an age of iphones, computers and laptops and countless programs, I prefer the old pen and paper as it has a more satisfying feel that typing screens all the time. Also, an A5 or A6 journal means I can carry then around; read them on trains and makes notes while sitting on the bus.

What do you think? Do you do something similar? Or do you prefer electronic programs for everything?

I like both. :smile: Generally always used a notebook to take notes, etc. There's something I find about writing things out physically which makes mindmaps and thrashing out arguments more productive. :tongue:

But when writing dissertations and long essays nothing beats excel for tracking references/bibliographies. Saved myself hours of torment that way. :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by LeeMills77
Hi,

Hmmm...I actually prefer using paper and pen. Even though we are in the era of technology, it feels much safer to store my information on something that actually "exists". Moleskin is one of my favorite notebook brands actually (love the tan paper color). I carry my moleskin basically everywhere possible, and write down observations. I love to write poems and draw still life, so observing and jotting things down quickly is a must for me.
Reply 3
I use notebooks for random things which are helpful to me and things which I need to remember. My brother uses Moleskine but I personally prefer Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks. They have a few special features which Moleskine don't have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending