The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2014/2015

Hey guys, just wanted to put out this thread because I know a lot of people who are already struggling with the course. So I thought that in this forum we could all help each other out with bits of the course and calculations...

Peace out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ami_
Hey guys, just wanted to put out this thread because I know a lot of people who are already struggling with the course. So I thought that in this forum we could all help each other out with bits of the course and calculations...

Peace out!

In. Did AH chem last year, and can try help you guys out if you have any questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sub. I did it a long time ago, I'm ancient compared to you kids now (well it was 2013 but still) but I'm appaz good at Chemistry as much as I hate the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheFOMaster
Sub. I did it a long time ago, I'm ancient compared to you kids now (well it was 2013 but still) but I'm appaz good at Chemistry as much as I hate the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A whole year ago?! Jeez, you're so old :tongue:
Original post by Ecosse_14
A whole year ago?! Jeez, you're so old :tongue:

One day I'll be a grand warlock like yourself :wink:
Reply 5
Are there any websites that have examples of investigations? Still unsure what to do mines on but I would quite like to see examples of some to help me get an idea! Cheers
Original post by L01
Are there any websites that have examples of investigations? Still unsure what to do mines on but I would quite like to see examples of some to help me get an idea! Cheers

Our school had two big folders of ideas. So you could ask your teacher to see if they have something similar?

Also, one of the A level boards does something similar and a few ideas from them can be found here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/77812-unit-f336-chemistry-individual-investigation-scheme-of-work-and-lesson-plan-booklet.doc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by L01

I'm not too sure either but this helped narrow it down for me a bit: http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/Images/7134chem2_tcm4-123933.pdf

Looks a bit dated but it seems alright :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Asklepios
Our school had two big folders of ideas. So you could ask your teacher to see if they have something similar?

Also, one of the A level boards does something similar and a few ideas from them can be found here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/77812-unit-f336-chemistry-individual-investigation-scheme-of-work-and-lesson-plan-booklet.doc

Posted from TSR Mobile

How'd you do in your investigation? Heard 25 is very scarce?
Original post by Ecasx
How'd you do in your investigation? Heard 25 is very scarce?

Idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, also doing advanced higher chem, subbed. How are you all finding it so far? Looks like my teacher has started us off with Unit 2 I think, loads of calculations. What are you all thinking of doing your investigation on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Funnily enough being the person that started this thread, I have dropped AH Chem because I have decided to apply to study international business rather than study medicine or anything science related for that matter haha
Reply 12
Does anyone have the scholar study guide for unit 1? If so if really appreciate if you could share a picture of the practice NAB. I have the unit one nab tomorrow and I can't get access to my Scholar account for some reason ;( thanks sooooo much in advance 😊
Original post by Ami_
Funnily enough being the person that started this thread, I have dropped AH Chem because I have decided to apply to study international business rather than study medicine or anything science related for that matter haha

did u just
Reply 14
Original post by Pennyarcade
did u just

I do love chemistry but I had to drop it in order to take my other subjects :frown:
I can also help people. I'm second year Chemical Physics student
Reply 16
Original post by langlitz
I can also help people. I'm second year Chemical Physics student

How is chemical physics? Where are you doing it? I'm thinking I want to do that at uni :smile:
Original post by Kybear1
How is chemical physics? Where are you doing it? I'm thinking I want to do that at uni :smile:

It's pretty good so far! Plenty of Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Don't kid yourself though. It will be hard.
I'm at Edinburgh Uni. Are you in 6th Year?
Reply 18
Original post by langlitz
It's pretty good so far! Plenty of Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Don't kid yourself though. It will be hard.
I'm at Edinburgh Uni. Are you in 6th Year?

Yeah I am, I think I'm applying for it. I've been told it's pretty hard but I don't mind maths so I've got that going for me, I guess. Can't decide between Glasgow, Edinburgh or St Andrews though :L
Reply 19
http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/papers/papers/2014/AH_Chemistry_QP_2014.pdf

could someone please explain 2014 AH Chemistry Q4d? I was absent when we did this and I've never really understood it

thanks sooo much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending