The Student Room Group

Official King's College London Medicine 2015 Entry

Hi guys, couldn't find a thread for anyone thinking of applying to King's after the summer!

Comment away :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Struggling to choose between Kings and Edinburgh.
A list of pros and cons, and also the difference and similarities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JackTeh96
Struggling to choose between Kings and Edinburgh.
A list of pros and cons, and also the difference and similarities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you sat your UKCAT yet? Maybe think about it again after you've sat it..

Considering Kings.. if I do really well in my UKCAT
Reply 3
Does anyone know what sort of ukcat score kings are looking for? I'm not sitting the ukcat until next month but was just wondering if anyone has an idea of where their cut off is?
Original post by amyb1410
Does anyone know what sort of ukcat score kings are looking for? I'm not sitting the ukcat until next month but was just wondering if anyone has an idea of where their cut off is?

They usually use a sliding scale with UKCAT and GCSEs so it depends on how well you did in your GCSEs. Best to wait until after you've taken the UKCAT too - last year, there was a massive inflation in the UKCAT which raised the cutoff significantly.
Reply 5
Original post by Cephalosporin
They usually use a sliding scale with UKCAT and GCSEs so it depends on how well you did in your GCSEs. Best to wait until after you've taken the UKCAT too - last year, there was a massive inflation in the UKCAT which raised the cutoff significantly.

Ok then, thanks!
Reply 6
Is anyone going to the open day on Saturday? Do you know if there's a specific dress code or not?
Is anyone going to the open day on Saturday? Do you know if there's a specific dress code or not?

I went last year. Most people were just wearing casual clothes
Reply 8
Original post by letsbehonest
I went last year. Most people were just wearing casual clothes

Ok great, thanks!
Reply 9

I am going! See you guys there?
Original post by JackTeh96
I am going! See you guys there?

Sorry only just saw this! What did you think of the uni?
Reply 11
Hello, I'm thinking of applying to King's this year as well.. either Medicine or Biomedical Sciences. However, there's been a lot going on in the news about the major staff cuts etc. from this department and the student riots etc. Therefore, I was wondering if I should take this recent issue into consideration on whether I should apply to King's or not. If possible, could someone please tell me their thoughts on this? Do you think the quality of the course would lower? How would King's be able to deliver the same high standard education with a proportion of it's staff missing??

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies! :biggrin:
Original post by Cephalosporin

Hey i saw your post on med applicants and profiles and well done on the AMAZING ukcar score. It wouldn't let me pm you so i thought i message you on here. As for preparation what did u go to do to get an amzing score? tips and strategies? and what did you use to help you prepare?
Help please!!!

8A* and 2 A at GCSE
A in add maths
4 A at As level

Ukcat : 2570
Avg : 642.5

I really wanted to apply to kings but I fear my Ukcat is letting me down, what do you think? Has anyone else gotten interviews with scores similar to mine. Many thanks!
Does anyone know what the average ukcat cut off is for the graduate medicine course?
Hey guys! I'll be starting my first year as a med student at King's in a couple of weeks, so if you have any questions on the application process then feel free to ask me, either on here or via PM, or check out the 2014 entry thread here.

Unfortunately I can't give much insight into life at KCL just yet but I know quite a bit about the course and application process so hopefully I can help you out :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Crithappenz
Help please!!!

8A* and 2 A at GCSE
A in add maths
4 A at As level

Ukcat : 2570
Avg : 642.5

I really wanted to apply to kings but I fear my Ukcat is letting me down, what do you think? Has anyone else gotten interviews with scores similar to mine. Many thanks!

I think you should apply as Kings state that a low UKCAT but high academics will still give you a chance for an interview offer. As your academics are strong then you still stand a good chance!
Original post by 2018
I think you should apply as Kings state that a low UKCAT but high academics will still give you a chance for an interview offer. As your academics are strong then you still stand a good chance!

hmmmmm I've been thinking about it but I am still not sure
Hey guys, I've recently been considering applying to KCL instead of one of my other choices. But obviously I didn't go to the open day at the beginning of summer so I don't know much about the application process etc. I would be really grateful if someone could give me some information about how exactly the application process there works, and whether I would be a strong candidate?

IGCSEs: 9A*1A
AS: 4A (predicted another A for f. maths AS which I'm taking over the 2 years)
A2: predicted 4A*
UKCAT: 752.5 average, band 1 put I have a huge range in scores between the 4 sections.

Also what are the pros and cons of King's for medicine? I've been hearing about some recent scandals...
gcse 7.5A* and 2As and C in drama
As: AABB in biology chemistry physics (1 UMS off an A) maths
Ukcat (570,740,700,640) average 660.25
Was a massive let down
Lots of activities of personal statement (work exp and abroad, epq, head of med society, hospice, OU,)
Would applying be a waste of time please help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending