The Student Room Group

Best selective sixth forms in London?

Hello!
I have to write some applications out sometime soon, and so obviously I need to find some good places to apply to. As long as it's in London, distance isn't much of an issue as I live near the center. No private ones please, too poor. No all-girls schools because I'm not a girl. The subjects I'm aiming to do - not that it probably matters in this context? - are either Maths, Chem/Bio/Phys, or Maths, FM and Phys/Chem. Grades shouldn't be an issue, hit me with the hardest! Competition is great.

Thanks.
holland park school
Reply 2
Woodhouse SFC
St Dominic's SFC

**** high schools lol
Reply 3
Original post by sophiamarni
holland park school

nonononono, selective but crap. I got an offer for their sixth form but kindly declined it. If your Catholic apply to cardinal Vaughan or London oratory
holland park school

Hello!
Why do you consider this to be worthy of my application? Are there any stand-out elements which would impress me?
Thanks.
Original post by FatmanO
nonononono, selective but crap. I got an offer for their sixth form but kindly declined it. If your Catholic apply to cardinal Vaughan or London oratory

i got rejected because my mums not catholic :frown:
Reply 6
heres a link which shows the Colleges which produced the best Alevel results last yr http://www.theguardian.com/education/a-levels/2013/search/school_type/sixth-form
It seems that the top london colleges are Woolwich polytechnic, St Dominics then Woodhouse.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
Why do you consider this to be worthy of my application? Are there any stand-out elements which would impress me?
Thanks.

they have a really cool quiz game in the evenings XD thats about it how about camden school for girls ( not the sixth form )
Reply 8
i got rejected because my mums not catholic :frown:

ahhhhh, yeah they're strict on that, for cardinal Vaughan you have to be baptised before 18 months, like for real? I really don't like holland park, at the entrance exam we got a 2 hour lecture from the head teacher about how it's the most expensive state school in the country, and that if ur not academically gifted you'll be a social outcast Ect. :angry:
Original post by qwerty73
heres a link which shows the Colleges which produced the best Alevel results last yr http://www.theguardian.com/education/a-levels/2013/search/school_type/sixth-form
It seems that the top london colleges are Woolwich polytechnic, St Dominics then Woodhouse.

Hello!
This table seems to be a little easier to navigate, and with more information.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/10590630/A-level-school-league-tables-2014-compare-your-schools-performance.html#
Reply 10
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
I have to write some applications out sometime soon, and so obviously I need to find some good places to apply to. As long as it's in London, distance isn't much of an issue as I live near the center. No private ones please, too poor. No all-girls schools because I'm not a girl. The subjects I'm aiming to do - not that it probably matters in this context? - are either Maths, Chem/Bio/Phys, or Maths, FM and Phys/Chem. Grades shouldn't be an issue, hit me with the hardest! Competition is great.

Thanks.

St marylebone, great coat hospital, Oratory, Cardinal Vaughan, wood house, Camden school for girls ( it's a mixed sixth form)
Original post by FatmanO
ahhhhh, yeah they're strict on that, for cardinal Vaughan you have to be baptised before 18 months, like for real? I really don't like holland park, at the entrance exam we got a 2 hour lecture from the head teacher about how it's the most expensive state school in the country, and that if ur not academically gifted you'll be a social outcast Ect. :angry:

i didnt attend the speech my dad wanted to go home XD, but that baptising thing is silly
Tiffin
Reply 13
Original post by Light_bulb
Tiffin

He said no girls schools because he's not a girl.
Original post by amauchee
He said no girls schools because he's not a girl.

Tiffin boys please get your facts right before you quote me
Laytmer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending