The Student Room Group

Bubble tries to 'clean up' her diet

Generally I have a good diet, but I just want to clean it up a bit. Currently 9 and a half stone (60kg), and between 5"7-5"8, so classed as healthy. I don't want to really lose weight, but feel more alert and improve fitness.

Trying to have more fruit and veg and protein. Hoping writing about it publicly will increase my motivation to eat well :smile:

I will be working more on exercise after exams too, increasing the gym from once a week to two or three times :smile:

18th of June:

Liquids: Around 7 glasses of water. One cup of coffee.

Breakfast:
Bowl of Cornflakes (with semi skimmed milk)
Portion of Raspberries
Portion of blueberries

Lunch:
Prawn and Chicken salad
Portion of tomatoes
Portion of carrots
A few olives
Portion of strawberries
Portion of cherries
Square of dark chocolate

Snack:
Belvita oat biscuits
Small piece of marzipan

Dinner:
Cheese and Mushroom Omelete
Peas
A few more olives

I have no idea how many calories this is in total, and I am not calorie counting - just want to include more healthy items of food :smile:

Scroll to see replies

19th of June:

Fluids: 8 glasses of water. (No caffeine or sugar in my drinks today woo)

Breakfast:
Wholemeal toast with Marmite

Lunch:
Vegetable soup (tinned)
Sliced chicken
Portion of carrots
Portion of tomatoes
Some olives

Snack:
Belivita oat biscuits

Dinner:
Chicken breast
Potato wedges
Peas

Dessert: portion of Strawberries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not expecting a healthy day tomorrow, due to my last exam and after exams party. So tomorrow's intake should be interesting :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by bubble999
Not expecting a healthy day tomorrow, due to my last exam and after exams party. So tomorrow's intake should be interesting :tongue:

20th of June: (day of the last exam)

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of toast and some chicken

Lunch:
Prawn pasta salad
Portion of melon
Snack-a-jacks
2 small brownie bites

Dinner: (at party)
3 slices of pizza
tomatoes
some popcorn
many units of alcohol

So not the best of days... but was to be expected :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
21st of June:

Fluids: lots of water. One glass of orange juice

Breakfast:
Belivita oat biscuits

Lunch (meal at pub/restaurant):
Beef burger and grilled chicken piece
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Rice
Carrots
Broccoli

Dinner:
N/A - was still full from big lunch.

Snack:
Banana

Posted from TSR Mobile
22nd of June:

Fluids: lots of water. Half a protein milkshake.

Breakfast:
2 slices of wholemeal toast with Marmite
An apple

*Went to the gym. Weights and cardio*

Lunch:
Tuna and pesto toastie (wholemeal bread)
Some chicken

Dinner:
3 sausages (good quality and fat drained)
Mashed potatoes
Peas
Broccoli

Dessert: strawberries with yoghurt

So not as much fruit and veg, but a good amount of protein :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guren
Stop eating meat everyday that's not really healthy. Aim for 12 glasses a day. Apart from that diet seems good :smile:

I think it's just kinda by chance recently. Normally I eat it a few times a week. But yeah, will do :smile: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why don't you just get a food diary no??
Why are you posting this all on TSR?? :confused:

Why don't you sign up for something like MFP
Trying to have more fruit and veg and protein. Hoping writing about it publicly will increase my motivation to eat well :smile:

Good idea :h:
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
Why don't you just get a food diary no??

Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Why are you posting this all on TSR?? :confused:

Why don't you sign up for something like MFP

Because posting it publicly will motivate me. (For example I nearly ate a magmum icecream yeaterday, but what stopped me was thinking about having to post that on here) You clearly didn't read my first post. And I use TSR a lot, especially now I'm a mod, so it's the easiest thing to do :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
Good idea :h:

I'm noticing a difference to how I feel already :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Why is meat not healthy everyday?

Inb4 something about hormones or equally poor reason.

Tbh you should just drink enough to keep your urine clear. I drink between 2 and 4 litres a day depending on what I'm doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it depends what kind of meat. I mainly eat chicken as it tastes good and is low in fat. But other meat can be high in fat (like the beef I had the other day and sausages last night). But both were good quality, so it shouldn't be too bad :smile:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, another reason I eat quite a bit of meat is because I get hungry very quickly and frequently and meat fills me up more. Hence reducing snacking etc :yep:

Yeah, yesterday I drank around 3 litres :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I guess it depends what kind of meat. I mainly eat chicken as it tastes good and is low in fat. But other meat can be high in fat (like the beef I had the other day and sausages last night). But both were good quality, so it shouldn't be too bad :smile:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, another reason I eat quite a bit of meat is because I get hungry very quickly and frequently and meat fills me up more. Hence reducing snacking etc :yep:

Yeah, yesterday I drank around 3 litres :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as your diet is reasonable your fat intake really shouldn't be a problem :smile: Grilling sausages is good and if you're worried about beef then you could cook it, then put it in a colander and rinse it with boiling water or use kitchen roll to mop up the beef, a lot of people do it :smile:

Keep it up :smile:

Edit: meat is high satiating due to fat and protein content which leaves the stomach slower due to hormone release in the small intestine. High fibre foods are high satiating aswell :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I nearly ate a magnum icecream yesterday

:naughty:

:spank:
Because posting it publicly will motivate me. (For example I nearly ate a magmum icecream yeaterday, but what stopped me was thinking about having to post that on here) You clearly didn't read my first post. And I use TSR a lot, especially now I'm a mod, so it's the easiest thing to do :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but nobody on TSR cares about what you eat, so you would be better off posting it on a app like Myfitnesspal where people will actually bother to read your entries......................... P.S I have used MFP for two years and it works if you make it work.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one's reading it though so what's the point ?
In for the watch :colone:

I'm noticing a difference to how I feel already :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great :biggrin: I might do this one day, but before I do that, I have to gain weight.

Latest