The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There quite a few classics that I have seen/got round to watching. I've started to compile a list of them - and will probably get round to watching them over the summer

I've tried watching the Godfather trilogy, but everytime I do I get distracted and so have never really watched them properly. The same occurred with Lion King - to this day I'm 100% sure what goes down, but I'll try again soon.

Films I've only seen recently include:
- The Little Mermaid,
- Frozen (despite the really catchy and stay in head forever songs, I actually quite enjoyed its story line)
- Shawshank Redemption (loved it!),
- Misery
- Silence of the Lambs (for some reason I had always refrained from watching this because I'm not really a fan of horror or gore, and I was lead to believe it was really scary, but seeing it the other day I was left thinking 'that wasn't really scary at all).

And now, for those that I haven't seen include:
- The Breakfast Club
- Pulp Fiction
- Hunger Games
- Kill Bill
- The Aristocats
- Space Odyssey
- Casablanca
- Trainspotting
- Robocop (new or old)
- The Terminator
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Donnie Darko

the list can go on...

Original post by Twinport53
Arry Potta. Only seen the one with the massive snake in the pipes. There just meh.

Tbh Chamber of Secrets isn't best out of all of them, but they DO get better and are reallly awesome to watch - please don't give up :smile:
Definitely Avatar... just can't seem to get into it and enjoy it.
And probably Pulp Fiction; just seems boring to me
Original post by Yasmin25
Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Django Unchained
Any of the X-Men movies
Inglorious Basterds
Fargo
Kill Bill 1&2
Any of the Fast and Furious movies
E.T

Apart from Goodfellas (which is brilliant) and maybe ET, you're not really missing out on anything having not watched any of them. Fargo's OK but a bit slow and the rest are pretty mediocre. Django Unchained I haven't seen so can't really say whether it's worth a watch.

The main films that people bang on about that I haven't seen are Titanic and Avatar but, if I'm honest, I have no real interest in watching either so :dontknow:
Original post by Scott1541
Most notably Star wars, I could do with getting around to watching Pulp Fiction at some point too :rolleyes:

Watch it. There's a reason why it was a hit
Game of Thrones
Wolf of wall street
Harry Potter series (although I watched one part)
Frozen
E.T
Django
Star wars
Live Laugh Love
Despicable me
Forest Grump
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 65
The Inbetweeners movie and TV show.
Reply 66
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ace Ventura
Groundhog Day
Vertigo / North by Northwest
Annie Hall
Gravity

Loads of ****, but believe my situation is much better than it was a year ago having not even seen the Lion King haha.
Reply 67
Jaws
Wall-E
Inglourious Basterds
Transformers
Braveheart

There the main ones people seem surprised I've never seen :redface:
Original post by Flauta
Frozen, everyone keeps going on about it like why is it that special

I agree.
I havent felt the need to watch either.

Other films i havent watched include- dirty dancing, star wars, quite a few disney films.
Reply 69
If you guys haven't watched The Green Mile, I recommend you watch that at some point :smile:
Its a really popular film and I'm sure most of you have seen it lol. I'd say that is my favourite movie ever.
Star Wars... I am sure I will get around to seeing them, eventually.
Reply 71
Original post by HBPrincess

Tbh Chamber of Secrets isn't best out of all of them, but they DO get better and are reallly awesome to watch - please don't give up :smile:

Thanks for your concern dude, but I want rather stick my head in a chip pan :biggrin:
Reply 72
Pretty much everything because I don't like films, but high school musical always surprises everyone.
Original post by Vian
Star Wars and Shawshank Redemption. I plan to watch them both this summer though.

I can't believe you're on TSR Vian!!!!! Hows York
Frozen is what comes to mind, though I like watching films and will probably at some point watch it.
The original Star Wars trilogy
I am surprised a lot of people haven't watched star wars
Reply 78
The Incredibles
Original post by HBPrincess
There quite a few classics that I have seen/got round to watching. I've started to compile a list of them - and will probably get round to watching them over the summer

I've tried watching the Godfather trilogy, but everytime I do I get distracted and so have never really watched them properly. The same occurred with Lion King - to this day I'm 100% sure what goes down, but I'll try again soon.

Films I've only seen recently include:
- The Little Mermaid,
- Frozen (despite the really catchy and stay in head forever songs, I actually quite enjoyed its story line)
- Shawshank Redemption (loved it!),
- Misery
- Silence of the Lambs (for some reason I had always refrained from watching this because I'm not really a fan of horror or gore, and I was lead to believe it was really scary, but seeing it the other day I was left thinking 'that wasn't really scary at all).

And now, for those that I haven't seen include:
- The Breakfast Club
- Pulp Fiction
- Hunger Games
- Kill Bill
- The Aristocats
- Space Odyssey
- Casablanca
- Trainspotting
- Robocop (new or old)
- The Terminator
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Donnie Darko

the list can go on...

The Breakfast Club is definitely one to watch! I love it :smile:

Latest