The Student Room Group

When should I expect to hear back about DSA from student finance?

I sent off the DSA1 form a month ago, my normal funding is already sorted and I was wondering when I can expect to hear back from them about sorting out an assessment. I'm a second year student that didn't apply for DSA last year, I ticked the 'yes' to a disability in this years application for student funding though.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by JinxedOut
I sent off the DSA1 form a month ago, my normal funding is already sorted and I was wondering when I can expect to hear back from them about sorting out an assessment. I'm a second year student that didn't apply for DSA last year, I ticked the 'yes' to a disability in this years application for student funding though.

Thanks in advance!

Takes about 6 - 8 weeks to find out if you're eligible for DSA. Then you have to make an appointment with an assessment centre. After that you have to wait for a report from the assessor, which gets sent to you and SFE. Then you have to wait for SFE to accept the report.

The whole process takes around 14 weeks.

For normal SFE it'll take about 6 weeks from when you send your online application in. Shorter if you'r neon income assessed. Longer if you need to send in extra evidence / forget to send stuff in / if they're behind on applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending