The Student Room Group

GIRLS I need your experiences (I guess?)

Basically, I'm thinking of losing my virginity soon but I just wonder what the pain will be like, so I'd like to know how different people experienced it, if that makes sense? :h:

Scroll to see replies

when i lost mine i didnt feel any pain, but could feel 'lose' the next day but it wasnt ever painful.
i think it depends on the person really
Reply 2
Hi. I lost mine at 17 with the partner I'm still with. I'm not going to lie, it hurt like hell for me. For us, it took a while to get the hang of but I hear that is quite common. I didn't bleed, at least not much maybe just a few little drops but I can't really remember. For me it hurt a lot for a while but after it slowly started to get better. I was nervous, that maybe added to the pain.

Nowadays most of the time its not too painful, maybe an odd pain here and there but what gets to me more than pain 'down there' during it, is actually the next day - my legs and back hurt so much afterwards lol.

For some girls it will hurt, for some it wont. Everyone is different and it all depends on what position, how nervous you and if lube is used etc.
I lost mine at the grand old age of 20, and yes, it did bloody hurt! Definitely awkward, since we were both virgins. But yeah, it hurt for a while after, but you get used to it.

No matter how you feel at the time, there are always nerves. It's just one of those things.
Lost mine at 18. It hurt a tiny bit when it first went in but afterwards didn't hurt at all but I was quite drunk & he wasn't massive. I had a spot of blood around midday the day after but nothing major. I've had sex quite a few times since I lost my virginity & it hasn't hurt at all and no bleeding whatsoever. Everyone's different, so just relax & enjoy it..nerves won't help the situation! :smile:
Reply 5
Lost mine at 20, didn't hurt a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I was 17 and it really hurt, but after like 3 times it stopped hurting. It's definitely a bearable pain though! Everyone's different though. I only bled a tiny little bit and I wasn't sore after or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost mine when I was 16 and it didn't hurt at all. You just have to be ready for it, make sure you're really turned on and then it won't hurt. I thought it was an amazing experience, hard to describe really.
Lost it at 17, only hurt a bit and that was we didn't have any proper lube in the house. (Had to use vaseline...better than nothing, but not ideal - oh the fun of being a novice!) Just take it easy, relax and enjoy it!
Lost it at 17. It hurt like hell and bled A LOT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
when i lost mine, i didn't bleed but it hurt. probably because i was so scared of it hurting that i couldn't get turned on enough. my advice would be:
-LOTS of lube (if you're using a condom, don't start applying any lube until after the condom is on)
-go on top so you can control it, seriously
-lots of kissing (that's for any sex though)
-make sure your partner is understanding (on my first time it hurt so i asked if we could stop and he cuddled me to sleep instead)
-on a similar note- make sure you're really comfortable around each other. the first time is hardly ever perfect and if there's problems you need to be able to laugh it off and not have it bother you
-go into it slowly- if it does hurt and you want to still continue, stop whenever it hurts, wait for the pain to go, and continue
-have fun and make sure you're happy :smile:
Even though I was relaxed and aroused, it hurt a lot and I bled too.
I don't want to scare you but losing mine hurt a lot more than I expected. Obviously it was partly due to nerves but even half a dozen times afterwards were very painful. I'd say just take it slow, relax as much as you can and get lube beforehand so it's there if you need it :smile: (and as a sidenote, I didn't bleed the first time but did the second, not sure what that's about though haha)
Lost mine at 14 to my boyfriend of six months (he was 13, I know, sounds disgusting now!) and we are still together five years later, even if it has been on and off. I don't have any recollection of it really hurting that much, or any blood. If I were you, I would use extra lube on a condom for the first time and make sure he gently eases into it and stops if it is too painful. Go slow and if it doesn't feel right down there, go gently or stop completely. Oh and also, it is obviously up to you, but I would really advise that you lose it to someone you love or are in a relationship with. It will be much less awkward that way, and from experience, feels a lot better. Hope everything goes well, good luck!
Lost mine at 16 with my boyfriend. It did hurt but I think it was because I was scared about the pain. But honestly once I relaxed it didn't hurt at all. I found being on top better because I was able to control what was going on and my boyfriend was able to just guide me. One thing I'd say is don't think about the pain because it will make you worry 10 times more.
I lost mine very recently, and it didn't hurt much! :biggrin: I think the fact that we were both not sober and that it happened quite spontaneously helped, as I wasn't at all nervous (also, he wasn't all that big so that's probably another reason). It wasn't sore the next day, just slightly sensitive! Quite a pleasant experience overall :wink:
I lost mine at 17 (now 20) and it did not hurt me at all! I had previously been terrified because of online horror stories of pain! But it was fine. Afterwards it felt a bit sore but it didn't hurt.

But, I think maybe it didn't hurt because I was quite relaxed, I'd been with him for a year already so I trusted him, and he loosened me up a bit in other ways before too if you know what I mean :wink: (p.s. that didn't hurt either)

Just going to add: didn't use lube but used a condom.
For me personally, it hurt quite a lot and I bled for about two days after.. Weirdly was still pleasurable and we kept it going for some time aha
However, the guy was rather well endowned so probably not the best way to start..
I was 15 when I lost mine (now 19). It didn't actually hurt, but I definitely couldn't FEEL much down there, but the sensation improved with time. But I used super tampons and I think my lady bits have always just been stretchy, because it ALWAYS retracts to the same size, even before I used tampons or lost my virginity.
All women are different, so no one can say what it will be like for you.
I would just say relax and take it slowly.
And obviously giving you anymore advice would probably cross the line of being against the rules...
But there are things you can do that can get the potential pain out of the way before you have your first time.
Hurt like hell and I bled far too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest